Tuesday, October 1, 2019

September 23rd to September 30th Reads

 This is what I read the last week of September. Not a whole lot only four books. At the bottom I will give a quick overall review for the month. I read most of the Anne Frank graphic novel at work one day while sitting at the front desk. It was a slow day. I saw it on the shelf and since I didn't know I was to maintain the desk when I went into work I grab this off the shelf and started reading it. I had to bring it home to finish. It is a graphic novel based off her diary that she wrote while she was in hiding. It has been a long time since I read the diary that I forgot some of things she wrote about. It is a fast read and for a child would be fun to see the art work along with her words. I gave it 4 stars. I really didn't like the art work. The next book I listened to on audio and that is Around the World in 80 days. I needed something to listened to while I was working around the house. I haven't read this book before so decided to give it a listened. It isn't a very long book but fun to listened to his adventures. I gave it 3 stars.
 This is a book that I received from NetGalley for review. I just posted a review  yesterday so go check it out.
This is a historical fiction about the Romanovs. I enjoyed this book. I also listened to this on audio. I gave it 4 stars. I would highly recommend that you read this book if you are into history and want to know what happen to this family.
For this week I read a total of 1,081 pages. I had a good star rating with  three 4 stars and one 3 star. Two books were by female authors and two books by male authors.

For a recap of all of September I read a total of 20 books which totaled 6,626 pages. 11 books were by female authors, 7 by male authors and 2 by a husband and wife team.
7 books were on audio, 11 were physical books and 2 were e-books.
My star ratings were six 3 stars, one 3.5 stars, eight 4 stars, two 4.5 stars, and three 5 stars.
I read three memoirs, three young adult fantasy, six non-fiction, one romance, one horror, two middle grade, two graphic novels, and one classic.
As you look back at my TBR you will realize that I didn't read everything on my list and somethings weren't on the list. I tried to stick to the list but I just didn't feel it on some of the books. I will get them eventually. I am also close to finishing some of them so you will see them soon.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment