Monday, November 12, 2018

Borrowathon Reads

 Here is another readathon that I just finished. This one was going on at the same time as the other I posted a few days ago. This readathon ran from November 4th-November 11th. It was called borrowathon. You could only read books that you borrowed. There were 6 challenges to try to finished. I finished 5 of them. The challenge I didn't complete was to read a book with a name of an animal in the title. Heretics Anonymous completed the challenge of a 2018 release. I gave this book 4 stars. It is a YA book and is about a boy who's father is always moving them around for his job. No he is not in the military. This last place the boy is going to a private school. This school is catholic and the boy does not believe in any religion.  He makes friends with four other students who have similar issues and they try to make changes. It was a little slow at the beginning but them starts to pick up. It was a good book and I recommend it.
 Anya's Ghost completed 2 challenges which were Read a book you've never heard of before and read a book that features a library. This is another YA book but really not a book but a graphic novel. This was a quick read for me which most graphic novels are. This is a little hard to describe because the book was a little weird for my taste. The girl befriends a ghost when she falls into a hole. When the girl is rescued she unknowingly takes a small bone of the ghost body with her. This is how the ghost is able to be with her outside of the hole. The book goes on with how the ghost helps her but then takes a turn. It wasn't bad and if you like that kind of stuff I would recommend that you pick it up.
 The 14th Colony completed the challenge a book you think you're going to love. Well it didn't. Mike recommended the book to me. I really liked his book the Jefferson Key. This book follows the same characters but for one was really slow and the President is leaving office and a lot of things take place. The reason I thought I would love this book is that Steve Berry adds a  lot of history into the story line. He did this time but it was more political and I don't really care about that in my reading because it is boring to me.
Saga Volume 3 also completed 2 challenges. First it also had a library featured in it and the book was under 150 pages. This is an adult graphic novel. I am slowly into graphic novels. Some are better than others but when there are a few readathons you want to do these are quick reads. I am not sure how to describe this graphic novel because it is the 3rd volume of an on going series. It is almost a Romeo and Juliet retelling but dealing with different forms of beings. That is the best way I can describe it. Again if you like this kind of thing I would recommend that you read it. There is violence and some nudity.
So for this readathon I read 4 books that totaled 1141 pages. Doing these readathons help me to one read more and widen my range of reading. I hope you decide to join this readathon next time. It happens about twice a year. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment