Monday, August 17, 2020

Nauvoo Restored Review

 Here is a book review on Nauvoo Restored.

This is an reenactment of the city. I would also put as a historical fiction. It is 139 pages and full of pictures.

Not everyone is into Latter Day-Saints (Mormon) history but I have always been intrigued by it. I have been a member since 1975 and love to read about the history of my religion. I borrowed this book from a friend because she thought I would like it and she was right.

This book is full of beautiful colorful pictures which have real people reenacting the time period. It is a brief history of life in Nauvoo. Ill. It starts from just before they arrive in Ill. from Mo. It tells why they change the name of the city from the original name. Nauvoo means beautiful. The book shows the hardships and the fun times. 

I just enjoyed reading this book and looking at the pictures. If you get a chance to read this book do so it was fun and educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment