Monday, May 3, 2021

Weekly Wrap-Up

 I forgot to take a picture of my book stack so there won't be one this week. This is for the week from April 25th-May 2nd. I read 7 books which brings my yearly total to 122 books. 1,747 pages read this week.

Olive The Lionheart By:  Brad Ricca

I gave this book 3 stars. This is a biography about Olive MacLeod. This is mostly about her time in Africa looking for her fiancé who goes missing.


Finding Dorothy By: Elizabeth Letts

I gave this book 5 stars. I totally enjoyed reading this book about Maud Baum who is the wife of L. Frank Baum. This book is about Maud and the making of the movie The Wizard of Oz.  It is a dual timeline. It tells about her life and how Frank came about writing the books.




The Oracle Code By: Marieke Nijkamp

I gave this graphic novel 3 stars. I have had this on my to read list on the library website for a while so I decided it was time to read it. It was a quick read. It was ok but I was a little lost at the beginning because I didn’t know the back story even though they hinted at it. This is a stand alone and I wish there were some background. The story is about a rehab center for injured people but something not normal is going on with people who does not have any family.



Teen Titans: Raven By: Kami Garcia

I gave this graphic novel 4 stars. This was another quick read for me. This book was about a young teenage girl who is an orphan who is about to be adopted by the foster mom who raised her most of her life. There is an accident, and the foster mom is killed so the girl is now living with her foster mom’s sister and her daughter. This young lady has lost her memory and is trying to figure out things. She has some special powers which are starting to come known and she does not know what is happening. Her aunt and cousin know her powers but do not mention anything to her until it is almost too late.



Teen Titan: Beast Boy By: Kami Garcia

I gave this graphic novel 3 stars. Another quick read. This is the second book in the series. I did not like this book as much. This book is about a young man who also has special powers, but his parents do not him about it. In fact, they have been giving him vitamins to suppress these powers and do not him so when he decides to stop taking them things start to happen. You must read to find out.



My Dark Vanessa By: Kate Elizabeth Russell

 

I ended up DNFing this book at chapter 17. This is a hard-hitting story. This has nothing to do with the writing but more part of the topic. The topic is about a young girl who is abused by her English Teacher. It deals with how it started and how it ended. My issue is not with this but more about the adults. Again, this is a dual timeline story.



Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI By: David Grann

 

I gave this book 4 stars. This is about the murder of some rich Osage Native Americans. This took place in the 1920’s in Oklahoma from oil. There was a lot of cover ups and finally they needed some form of interference to solve the murders. This is how the FBI came about. Not all the murders were solved, and family members are still doing their investigation. Some of the murders were deemed suicides. This is a sad but true story. I would highly recommend that you read this book.

Have you read any of these books? If so what are your feelings about them? Do you agree with me or not? 

Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment