Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday #8

For this weeks top ten Tuesday I have decided to do the ten books that I read in school. I had to use Amazon to get my pictures because the library is closed until the 19th for right now. If you have read any of these books please let me know what your thoughts are on them.

 This book was a very big book and I received this book from my parents as a gift for either my birthday or Christmas. Unfortunately I don't own any more because I was stupid and traded it in at half-price books. This book is no longer available and is worth over $1,000.00. This is about Helen Keller and her Teacher Anne Sullivan. In this book I found out a lot of information about both of these I didn't know about before and really enjoyed it. If you can find it I would highly recommend that you read it. If I can find it for cheap I would love to get my hands on it and add it my book shelves.
 Another book that I don't own but really enjoyed reading. This book is still in print so easy to get a hold of. I also received this book from my parents as a gift. I was living in Oregon when I received this book and again it is another big book around 800-900 pages. This book is about Sacajawea and her life. She didn't have an easy life but an interesting one. I would recommend this book also.
 This book was required reading in 8th grade. It is only 7 chapters long and was ok. I wasn't into reading classics and still really not much into classics.  We read other books but this stuck out.
 This was required in 9th grade. It is still my favorite Shakespeare book I have read and I have read them all. When we read this book everyone was given a part and we read it in class. After reading it we watched the play.
 This book was one of many books required in 10th grade. It was my favorite so I thought I would add it to the list. It is actually my favorite Mark Twain book. I remember my teacher saying if our parents had a problem with us reading this book to let him know or otherwise change the certain words in our minds. I was lucky because my parents didn't censor my reading. They let me read pretty much whatever I wanted.
 This book was one of many books required for 11th grade. Again it was favorite so I decided to add it. When we read this book half of the class had to read Ordinary People and the other half read this one. I was glad to read this one because in the past year I read the other one and was grateful for my teacher giving me this one to read.
 I only took English for a half year my Senior year of high school and all we did was read Shakespeare and was finding symbolism in the stories. I hated that class and was so glad to drop it since I didn't need it graduate. I do remember reading this book when I was a Senior and really enjoyed it and have read all the books in the series. I even remember watching the movie when it came out and I DON'T recommend the movie it was terrible.
 This series is my all time favorite childhood series. I have loved this series since I can't remember. I even watched the TV series. This series I will always recommend for everyone to read. I read it to my girls when they were growing up and I gave them each a set of the books. We have gone to a couple of the homesites for vacation.
 I remember reading some these books in elementary school. I didn't read them all because oh boy there are a lot of them.
This series is the same as the one before. I didn't read them all but would pick one up every now and then. This series and the one before and Encyclopedia Brown got me into reading mystery books and I still enjoy a great mystery.

As you can see my reading taste really hasn't changed much. I still enjoy a good mystery and still really enjoy history. I can't remember not having a book in my hands. I have always enjoyed going to the library because growing up there was always a library close by and we didn't have much money growing up with my dad in the military and we moved every two to three years so we had to keep the weight down. Let me know what you read growing up and what you thought of them. Until next time keep safe and keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment