Tuesday, January 19, 2021

21 Books to Read in 2021

  

I have decided to get onto the band wagon and do the 21 books in 2021. 

These are the 21 books I would like to try to read this year. Some of them will finish series or catch me up and some of them will start another series. There are some standalones also.

I will list them below and tell you why I want to read them this year. They will not be any particular order.

1. Lightbringer By: Claire LeGrand  This is the third and final book in her Empirium Series. I have really enjoyed this series and want to finish it. I plan to read it in January.

2.The Fountains of Silence by: Ruta Sepetys  I was suppose to read it last year and never got around to it so I want to read it this year. I have plans to read it in February.

3. The Diviners by: Libba Bray  I will be buddy reading this first book in a series in February with my oldest daughter. I heard a lot about this book and series from several booktubers and want to see if I will enjoy it.

4. The City We Became by: N.K. Jemisin Again I heard a lot about her books and since this is a standalone decided to give this one a try before I try her series.

5. On The Come Up by: Angie Thomas  I am behind with this book and only heard good things.

6. StarSight by: Brandon Sanderson I really enjoyed book one and want to continue on with this series. I am hoping book 3 comes out this year.

7. Into The Drowning Deep by: Mira Grant All the books I have read from this author I have enjoyed so I want to try this one. I have heard good things about this book also. I was hoping to read it last year but didn't get to it.

8. HollowPox by: Jessica Townsend  The third book in the series and I  want to get it read before I forget the story line. I have enjoyed the first two books and can't wait to continue on.

9. Misery by: Stephen King  My husband has been after me to get this read. He wants to watch the movie and is waiting for me to read this. 

10.The Fated Sky by: Mary Robinette Kowal This is the second book and the third book is already out. I read the first book in 2019 and was surprised on how much I enjoyed it so I really want to continue on with the series and I am hoping to get the third book read this year also but it isn't on this list.

11. My Life in France by: Julia Child  This is my youngest daughter's book and I would like to get it back to her as soon as possible. I read Julie and Julia last year and enjoyed it and she thinks I will like this one also.

12.Ship of Magic by: Robin Hobb  I have read the Farseer Trilogy and enjoyed it. I have heard that this trilogy is even better and what to see for myself.

13. WarBreaker by: Brandon Sanderson My two son-in-laws have recommended this book for me to read and since I have read the previous books before this one I put it on my list.

14. The Sands of Pride by: William R. Trotter This book was recommended to me by my dad. It is about the Civil War and I enjoy history and the Civil War is one of the wars I like to read about and learn about I decided to add this to the list.

15.The Giver of Stars by: JoJo Moyes This is a historical fiction about traveling librarians in Kentucky.

16. Dry by: Neil Shusterman I want to give his books a try. I haven't read anything by him but own several of his books.

17. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by: Suzanne Collins I haven't heard good things about this book but I still want to read it because it is the prequel to the Hungry Games.

18. The Tower of Nero by: Rick Riordan This is the fifth and final book to the Trials of Apollo. I have enjoyed all of his books and this is the last one. I have to finish.

19. Mexican Gothic by: Silva Moreno-Garcia I have heard nothing but good things about this book. I want to see what all the hype is.

20.My Dark Vanessa by: Kate Elizabeth Russell Again I have heard a lot about this book from some of the booktubers that I watch. I want to see what I think about it and hope I will like it also.

21.Malorie by: Josh Malerman  I read the Bird Box and was extremely surprised that I enjoyed it. When I saw this book in the book store I had to pick it up and read it. i haven't of course so that is why it is on the list.


Are you doing this challenge? If you are what are the 21 books you plan on reading this year?

Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment