Wednesday, February 14, 2018

What I read the first week of February

I know it has been awhile since my last post. As you can see I have been busy. Not only with reading but with life. This picture shows you what I read from February 1st to February 10th. I read 12 books which totaled 3032 pages.
I know you can't see some of the titles so I will list them below with a star rating.
Stuart Little  by E.B. White finished 2-3-18 2 stars I read this book to David. It is nothing like the movie which I enjoyed more.
All By Myself, Alone By Mary Higgins Clark finished 2-3-18 5 stars This was from January's TBR I loved this book and hope to have a review up soon.
New Moon graphic Novel By Stephenie Meyer finished 2-4-18 4 stars. I really don't like graphic novels but I am trying to. I wanted to do a little rereading so decided to try this. This isn't one of her better books. Yes I did enjoy the series and I know I am one of the few.
Through The Woods graphic novel By Emily Carroll finished 2-4-18 2 stars. I did not like this book. There were several stories in this book and to me I felt like the stories left you hanging.
Shadow of the Giant By Orson Scott Card finished 2-7-18 3 stars. This is the second to last book in this series about Bean from the Ender Games. I have to say that I am not enjoying this series but only have more book to go. This book talks about Bean and his wife and their babies that they are trying to locate and the disease that he has. really don't want to go into too much detail because it will spoil the books. Hopefully this little bit doesn't spoil it for anyone.
The Oregon Trail By Rinker Buck finished 2-7-18 3 stars. This book was not what I expected. I thought it would be about the trail and in a way it was. This book was mostly about him and his brother reenacting the trail. He did give you some history about the travelers and the trail.That is why it got a 3 star rating otherwise it would have been lower.
The Brightest Night By Tui T. Sutherland finished 2-8-18 3 stars This is the 5th book to the Wings of Fire Series that Aryan owns. It is a nice middle grade book.
List to Live By finished 2-8-18 4 stars. This is the 2nd book. It contains several different list that are just fun to read.
I finished an old conference report from 1902 from the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
It was interesting to read such an old report and how the leaders thought and wanted to get across to the members at that time.
Beauty By Robin McKinley finished 2-10-18 4 stars. This is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It is nothing like the Disney version. I actually like this one.
A Little Bit Country By Debbie Macomber finished 2-10-18  4 stars. This is shown above. I listened to this book. I really enjoyed this book.
Persepolin By Marjane Satrapi finished 2-10-18 3 stars. This is another graphic novel. It is actually based on her life in Iran. It wasn't bad but I would have rather read it in normal print.
These are all the books I read for the first ten days of February. As you can tell I finished some on the same day. I read more than one book at a time as long as they are not in the same genre. So until next time keep reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment