Thursday, February 1, 2018

January Wrap Up

Here are the books that I read in January. I read a total of 23 books. The number of pages totaled 6537. The books will not be order but I will give you a star rating and let you know if I wrote a review for it. Two of the reviews I have already posted. So here we go.

 This book is actually Aryans and I am trying to get these read. I have had them on my TBR for a long time. This is the fourth book in the Wings of Fire by Tui T. Sutherland. I finished it Jan.29th. I gave it 4 stars.
 These two books I finished on the 31st of Jan. Lists to Live by was a quick read but I took my time by only reading one or two sections a day. I gave it 3 stars. Otherworld is by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller. I gave it 4 stars and I am working on a review for this book.
 Here is the second book to the Wing of Fire of series. I finished it on Jan. 22nd  and gave it 3 stars. Feed by M. T. Anderson finished Jan. 16th and received 2 stars. I didn't like this book. Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie finished Jan. 17th. Another quick read and read in one day. 4 stars.
 Living the Values of The Young Women is another book with several authors. It was a nice read and I enjoyed it. This book belongs to one of my daughter Rebekah. I finished it Jan 26th and gave it 3 stars. The third book to the Wings of Fire series. Finished it Jan.26th and gave it 3 stars. The Sword in the Stone By T.H. White was disappointing book for me. I didn't enjoy it at all. This book I read to David and he also didn't like it. Finished Jan. 28th and gave it 2 stars. The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare I actually did enjoy. Finished Jan.28th and gave it 4 stars.
You probably recognize this stack it is my TBR pile. Only two books from this pile haven't been read yet. Well, I am reading one right now and half way through it. The little book on top is We Should All Be Feminists By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was a great quick read. Finished Jan3rd and gave it 5 stars. Didn't read the next one.  The Bands of Mourning By Brandon Sanderson was okay. Finished Jan. 9th and gave it 3 stars.  The Shack by William Paul Young I enjoyed a great deal. Finished it Jan 17th and gave it 4 stars. Autoboyography By Christina Lauren again was a surprising book that I enjoyed. Finished Jan.6th and gave it 4 stars. I reviewed this book earlier. I am currently reading All By Myself, Alone By Mary Higgins Clark. Enjoying it so far but no surprise there. Renegades By Marissa Meyer. I am starting to enjoy her books. I gave this book 4 stars and finished it Jan. 23rd.
Now for the books I don't have pictures of; The Picture of Dorian Gray By Oscar Wilde finished Jan1 and gave 1 star. I hated this book, and was to stubborn to DNF it. I actually will never DNF a book it will just take me forever to finish. Black Lies By Alessandra Torre finished Jan 7th and gave it 5 stars and wrote a review. The Unbearable lightness of Being By Milan Kundera finished Jan 10th and gave it 2 stars. Murder she wrote; Coffee, Tea or Murder By Jessica Fletcher and Donald Bain finished Jan. 12th and gave it 3 stars. Plum Lucky By Janet Evanovich finished Jan. 15th and gave it 4 stars. You will love the Grandma in this book. Plum Spooky By Janet Evanovich finished Jan. 20th and gave it 2 stars. Not one of her better books. Angels at the Table By Debbie Macomber finished Jan. 24th and gave it 4 stars. The last book read was Broken Date By R.L. Stine. This was a book David had to read for school so I read a page and he read a page. We finished it Jan. 28th and we gave it 4 stars.
This is a long list and have decided to go back and do weekly up dates. I want to do more reviews on the books that I read. I will probably not do reviews on  books I give 3 stars or below. Until next time keep reading.

2 comments:

  1. Good list. Sam has the Wings of Fire series so it's on my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a notice that book 11 is coming out soon. I don't know if I will get caught up at this rate.

      Delete