Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Reading Week Of February 18th- February 24th

 I am going to change this up just a little. I am going to show you what books I started this week first. I started a lot of books but as you will see soon I also finished a lot of them. The first book I started was The Utah Story By: Seth Sorensen. This book is an illustrated book about Utah.  The next book isn't pictured because it is on my kindle and was an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC). That book is A Snapshot of Murder By: Frances Brody I will be writing a review soon on this book. The Women In Cabin 10 By: Ruth Ware was my next book. It is about a cruise and what happens in this cabin. Doctrines of Salvation Volume 3 By: Joseph Fielding Smith. This the last book in a three book series. Summer Of Salt By: Katrina Leno is a young adult book about a small Island and a bird. Somewhere In Time By: Richard Matheson. I watch the movie to this book a couple of years ago. Warriors of The North: Union Leaders of the Civil War By: Philip Katcher (History Channel). Wyoming Fierce By: Diana Palmer. I need to read a book by an author who shares my initials.  The last book I started is The Masterpiece By: Fiona Davis. This is the library book club book that I need to finish by March 5th. I know that is a lot of books that I started but if you look below you will see that I also finished a lot of them.
 As I said earlier here are the books that I finished this week. The first book I finished was a book that I started last week and that book is The New World Book of Payne's By: Halbert's Family Heritage. This is just a little history about where the Payne family came from and little background about the areas. This next book was also started last week and that is The President Is Missing By: James Patterson and Bill Clinton. I wasn't even going to read this book but my daughter Tara said it was a pretty good book. She was right there was a little bite of politics but otherwise a good mystery book. Another book I started last week and finished this week is The Hating Game By: Sally Thorne. I heard a lot of people gave this book 5 stars because it was so good. Yes I will agree that book was good but not a 5 star for me. The last book that I started a while ago and finished this week was Doctrines of Salvation Volume 2 By: Joseph Fielding Smith. This is another book my religion and some of the doctrine that we believe. The last five books I started this week and finished this week. I mentioned them above so I will only give the title and author. The Women In Cabin 10 By: Ruth Ware. The Utah Story By: Seth Sorensen. Summer Of Salt By: Katrina Leno. A Snapshot of Murder By: Frances Brody and Somewhere In Time By: Richard Matheson. I know for some people that is a lot of reading in a week but for it is pretty normal if I have a slow week. Now onto the books that I acquired for the week.
 This stack of books I picked up at the library to read. Some of these books won't take me long because they are graphic novels. Also some of them are audio that I will listen to while I work around the house or in the car running errands. Every Breath By: Nicholas Sparks, yes I own the book but it was in audio so I can now listen to it in the car. War Cross and Wild Card both By: Marie Lu. Wyoming Fierce By: Diana Palmer. I am currently listening to this in the car. My Brother's Husband By: Gengoroh Tagame. This is a manga. Brazen By: Penelope Bagieu. This is a graphic novel about Rebel Ladies across the world. Aquicorn Cove By: Katie O'Neill. The last graphic novel that I picked up. I got this because it made it on the short list for Science Fiction/Fantasy. Finding Noel By: Richard Paul Evans was a book that I found on the give away shelf that the library has. I have already read this book years ago. I grabbed it for my collection. Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World By: Ashley Herring Blake is a middle grade that I heard a lot about so I want to read it. The Calculating Stars By: Mary Robinette Kowal was another book on the Science Fiction/Fantasy short list. Even though I am not into this genre very much I want to keep trying it. Maybe there is a book I will like.
These are the books that I picked up at the local thrift shop for cheap. They range from middle grade to young adult to adult. I hope that I like them when I get around to reading them. Some will be read right away and some will probably sit on my shelves for awhile. Who knows.
I hope you enjoyed this post and until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment