Monday, July 8, 2019

June Wrap Up

Well I didn't do a good job of getting a picture of the books that I read for the month. So I had to pull up my stand by that I got some where online. So onto the wrap up. In June I read 16 books not bad since we went on a little trip this month. Stats for the month are as follows. 11 books were from female authors and 5 from male authors. I read 3 adult fiction, 1 middle grade, 3 classics, 2 graphic novels, 1 mystery, 1 short story collection, 1 memoir, 2 non-fiction, 1 young adult, and 1 smutty romance. Out of those 4 were audio books, 1 was an e-book and 11 were physical books. The star ratings were 1 two star, 4 three star, 1 three point five star, 5 four star, 2 four point five star and 3 five star.  Page total came 7008 which comes to about 233.6 pages a day. Now onto the books.
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by: Gail Honeyman   I gave this book 3 stars  I also have a review up. I actually started this in May. This is adult fiction
The Ship of The Dead by: Rick Riordan  I gave this book 4 stars. This was also started in May. This is the book that I was reading to David. This is a middle grade. This is the third book in a series.
The Sins of a Child by: SM Stryker This was an ARC for review. I do have a review up for this book. I gave this 5 stars and it is adult fiction.
Ivanhoe by: Sir Walter Scott I gave this book 3 stars. It is a classic and I listened to it on audio.
Moon Struck Volume 1 Magic To Brew by: Grace Ellis I gave this 3 stars. It is a graphic novel. Just wanted something fun and a change in pace.
Speak by: Laurie Halse Anderson I gave this book 5 stars. It was a graphic novel. Aryan didn't like this book in its true form so I decided I would try the graphic novel instead. I will probably go and read the true form. This talks about a girl dealing with  rape.
Anne of the Island by: L. M. Montgomery I gave this book 3 stars. It is a classic and I listened to it on audio. It is the third book in a series or I should say a companion book.
Cherry Scones and Broken Bones by: Darci Hannah  This was an Arc for review. I do have a review up for this book. I gave this book 4 stars. I read this on my kindle and it is a mystery.
Stories From My Life by: James E Faust I gave this book 4 stars. This is a short story collection. This is also a quick read and I was surprised that I enjoyed it because usually short stories aren't my thing.
Julie and Julia by: Julie Powell I gave this book 4.5 stars and it is memoir. I buddy read this book with my daughter Tara. Tara has a book tube channel if you want to check it out. It is buzzword books.
Ezra Taft Benson: A Biography by: Sheri Dew This is another book that I started in May. It is  nonfiction and I gave it 4 stars. I learned a lot about his life and enjoyed it.
The Great Alone by: Kristin Hannah I gave this book 5 stars and it is adult fiction. This book talks about PTSD and the effects of it. It is hard hitting so beware but a great story.
Final Draft by: Riley Redgate I gave this book 3.5 stars and it is a young adult book. This book is about a girl who writes stories.
The Virgin Suicides by: Jeffrey Eugenides I gave this book 2 stars and it is a classic. This book was an audio. About a family with 4 daughters. The title tells you.
Revisiting the Founding Era Edited By: Carol Berkin I gave this book 4 stars and it is nonfiction. I read this because my DAR chapter is helping our local library. I found this little booklet hard to read and not very fun. It is suppose to be gear for the younger children and it isn't.
Waking Up With A Rake by: Connie Mason I gave this book 4 stars and it is the smutty romance for the month. I have found I don't enjoy as much as I use to. I enjoy her writing and the story line was good.
These are all the books that I read. I had a pretty good month and for the most part enjoyed what I read. I hope you find something in this list that you want to give a try. Until next time keep reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment