Wednesday, July 31, 2019

N.E.W.T.S TBR

It is that time of year again. It is time for the N.E.W.T.S. I took the OWLS exam in April (which is already posted) to figure out what areas I need to take exams for. I finished all the OWLS except for Ancient Runes. I have the announcement video added in case you would like to join in the fun.
 The Career I chose is Aurologist. All I needed to read in the OWLS was Astronomy, Divination, and History of Magic. For the N.E.W.T.S I need to receive and E in Astronomy and an E in Divination. I have picked out the books I am hoping to read for these. I don't know if you can make out the notes I put on each book. To get an A in Astronomy I need to read a book with Moon on the cover. I have had this book since 2011 and really need to get this read. Sex on the Moon is based on a true story about a college who steals a safe full of moon rocks. For an E I need to read a book with night on the cover. I choose a murder mystery. I don't know what it is about and don't want to know until I read it. The books I need to read for Divination is Read a white book to get an A and I chose GodsGrave. I need to read this book this month because the third book comes out in September. For an E I need to read a short story or a collection of short stories. The Shadow Market is a collection of short stories and I have already read eight of the stories but I haven't read the last two. Reading these four books will get me the career of Aurologist.
 I will not push myself but I want to try to read the rest of the prompts for Astronomy and Divination. The book I chose are for Astronomy is The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet because I need to read a Sci-fi. The book I chose for Divination is Ironside because I need to read the last book I bought/took from the library. Both books are from the library but you are not allowed to double up on challenges.
 Again I will not push myself but if I can I want to try to get an A in every subject that I pass in the OWLS. Again I didn't pass the Ancient Runes exam so I won't be doing anything for that exam.  The book for Arithmancy is to read a book that ends on an even page number so I choose to read Spellslinger. Care of Magical Creatures is to follow the spiders! Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies! Read a book title that starts with a letter A, for Aragog so I chose AngelFall.  Charms read a book that you think has a gorgeous cover so I chose Letters To The Lost. Defence Against the Dark arts is to read a book that's black under the dust jacket and I chose In Search of the Promised Land.
Herbology is to read a Mandrake! Quick, put your headphones on! Listen to an audiobook and I chose Pachinko. History of Magic is to read a fantasy and I chose to read In An Absent Dream. Muggle Studies is to read a book with a cover that includes an actual photo element so I chose to read pictures of hollis woods. Potions is Pollyjuice potion: read your friend's favourite book! I am cheating a little and chose SOS Titanic this is a book that I borrowed from my daughter Bekah. The final one is Transfiguration and that is to read a book with LQBTQA+ representation so I chose Red, White and Royal Blue.
I may change thins up a little depending on my mood or other books that I need to read for book clubs. I did already match up some of the book club reads into the N.E.W.T.S so that I can succeed this month.
I hope you take part in this readathon. If you are what is your career? What are you going to read? Are you going to all the challenges and if you do GREAT JOB.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment