Thursday, August 1, 2019

July Wrap Up

Yet another month gone. Where did it go? In the month of July I tried to participate in 4 readathons. I didn't do well in most of them. I had a busy month so I listened to a lot of audio books which didn't help with the type of books I needed for the challenges for these readathons. So onto the books that I read/listened to.
Fire and Fury By: Michael Wolff  I listened to this on audio even though I had a physical book that my parents loaned to me. I gave this book 2 stars. I am not really into politics. Also this is a book I started in June.
The Rose and The Dagger By: Renee Ahdieh  I also listened to this book. This is the second book of a duology. This is a young adult and I gave it 3 stars. 
Anne of Windy Poplars By: L.M. Montgomery I listened to this book. It is the 4th book in the Anne series. I think it is consider middle grade classic. It might be Young adult but I put it into middle grade. This series is long and gets boring after a while. I gave it 3 stars.
We Set The Dark On Fire By: Tehlor Kay Mefia Again I listened to this book on audio. I gave it 3 stars and it is a young adult.
Tithe By Holly Black I actually read this book. It is a young adult fantasy/fairie story. I gave this book 4 stars. I also started this book in June.
Valiant By: Holly Black was listened to on audio. This is the second book of her modern Faery's tale.
It wasn't as good as Tithe and so I gave it 3 stars.
The Bride Test By: Helen Hoang was a book that I read physically. This author wrote the book The Kiss Quotient which was a great book. The Bride Test was okay and good in most parts but I am not a fan of arrange marriages and keeping secrets from your suppose partner. I understand why she did it but still. I gave this book 4 stars.
The Tea Dragon Society By: Katie O'Neill This is a cute little graphic novel that I read physically. I gave this book 4 stars.
Sweet America: An Immigrant Story By: Steven Kroll This is a middle grade history story about a boy who becomes a newies. I gave it 5 stars. I read this book.
The Gentleman's Guide To Vice an Virtue By: Mackenzie Lee This is yet another book that I listened to, It is young adult and I gave it 4 stars. It is about a young prince going on a last trip across before he has to take the throne. 
A Boy Called Bat By: Elana K. Arnold is a book that I should have read but instead listened to. It is a middle grade book about a little boy called bat who's parents are divorced and his is a vet. and has found a little baby skunk and Bat wants to take care of it until it is big enough to be let loose. I gave it 4 stars.
Anne's House Of Dreams By: L.M. Montgomery I have decided to call these books middle grade classics and listened to this one as well. I gave this book 3 stars. In this book Anne finally marries.
Anne Of Ingleside By: L.M. Montgomery again an audio book and again 3 stars.
Rainbow Valley By: L.M. Montgomery again an audio book and again 3 stars. Second to last book in the Anne series.
Say You Still Love Me By: K. A. Tucker is an e-arc that I received from Net Galley for review. I have posted my review if you like to read it. I gave this book 4 stars. I started it in June.
Herding Cats By: Sarah Anderson  This is another graphic novel. I didn't like it and gave it 2 stars. This was a goodreads winner.  
Girls in the Moon By: Janet McNally another audio book. I actually found the physical book at the thrift store and because it was a Book Of The Month book I picked it up. It was okay but not for me. It was about a girl being in a band like her mother. I gave it 3 stars.
The Alice Network By: Kate Quinn another audio book. This is a historical fiction set in the second world war. Again it was okay and I gave it 3 stars.
Letters of a Woman Homesteader By: Elinor Pruitt Stewart I read this book. As the title tells you it is letters from the author to her ex- boss. She tells about her life on the homestead that is in Wyoming. I started this book in June and I gave it 4 stars.
Lonesome Dove By: Larry McMurtry  I physically read this book. If I didn't need to read this book I would have DNFed it. It was the library book club summer read. I started this book in May and finished it on the 29th of July. The book club will meet on August 6th so I pushed myself to pick it up and finish it. I gave it 2 stars. The author is long winded and seems to not like females. I am not sure if I will do a review still thinking about it. I have a lot of thoughts and don't want to make this any longer then it will already be.
Roar By: Cora Carmack This is the last book for the month and I listened to it. I gave it 4 stars.

That brings the total of books read to 21. Pages 7088 read/listened. The main authors for this were female at 18 and 3 male authors. 13 audio books, 1 e-book, 7 physical books.

I think I will go back to weekly wrap ups so the post won't be as long and I can maybe do a better job on telling you a little about the books. There is too much of a time frame from the books being read to the post and I forget or get them mixed up.
Until next keep reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment