Wednesday, August 21, 2019

August 12-18 Reads

Another week has gone by. I can't believe how fast this year is going by. For this week I only read five books. Not too bad considering that it was a busy week for me. The page total came to 1554 pages read. Two physical books and three audio books. I had four 4 star books and one 3.5 star book. So the reading was really good. I read three female authors, one male author and one husband and wife co-author. So lets get into what I read.
The first book was Revenge of the Aztecs by: Susan Beth Pfiffer this is a middle-grade history book. I gave this book 4 stars and I read it physically. I used this book for Muggle Studies as a book set in the real world. This book talked about the movie making sets in the early 1920's. 
Dear Martin by: Nic Stone was the next book I read. I listened to this book on audio. gave this book 4 stars and it is a young adult book. This book was used for Arithmancy as a book that ends in an even page number. This book talks about the racial issues we still have in our country. 
Prudence by: Gail Carriger was the third book I finished this week. I also gave it 4 stars and I used it the prompt in Herbology to read a book between 350-390 pages. This book has 357 pages. I listened to this book on audio. It is consider a fantasy. I never read anything by her before and I was greatly surprised by it. I wouldn't consider it a fantasy though more like a mystery with a twist.
A Dog's Purpose by: W. Bruce Cameron was the second to last book I read this week. I gave this book 3.5 stars. I would consider this book fiction. This book wasn't used for the N.E.W.T.s. I listened to this book on audio. The reason I wanted to read this book is because in July I went to the movies with Mike's family to celebrate his nieces birthday and this is the movie we watched. I enjoyed the movie but this book isn't the same as the movie. He has another book called A Dog's Journey and I think this is the one the movie is based off of. I gave the low star rating because I was disappointed that the book wasn't what I was expecting. Nothing wrong with the story just not what I was hoping for. This book is about a dog who grows up with a boy and is lost in a house fire and comes back in different dog life and tries to get back to his first owner. I really don't believe in reincarnation but still a good book.
The last book I read was The People of the Weeping Eye by: W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear. I gave this book 4 stars and I didn't use this book for the N.E.W.T.s either because I started this book in July and finally finished it this month. I consider it an adult fiction but it has some historical factors to it. They have written many books of this nature and I always enjoy reading them. They do take time to read because there is so information in them about the life back in the early American time. These books are about the first people on the earth and how they lived. Lucky for me you can read most of the books out of order. This book does have a sequel to it and I will be reading it soon.

Well these are the books that I read this week. Are you joining in the N.E.W.T.s readathon? If you are what have you been reading and are you doing well on your exams?
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment