Tuesday, August 27, 2019

August 19-25 books Read

 Not my best reading week so far this month. I only read five books for a total of 1550 pages. Three were audio books, one was a e-book and one physical. The good news is that they were all four star reads. Three of the books were written by male authors and two by female authors. Now onto the books. Murder At Midnight is a mystery story and less than 250 pages. I read this book physically. This book was read for the prompt Astronomy in reading a book with the word "night" on the cover. Killing November was used for the prompt Arithmancy to read a book over 350 pages and this book was 404 pages. This was also a mystery story. This book I listened to on Audio. I don't like telling people about mystery stories because I feel you need to go into these types of books with as little information as possible. As I said before all the books I read this week were 4 stars so I will recommend that you read them all.
 A Summer Escape and Strawberry Cake at the Cosy Kettle is an e-book that I received from NetGalley to review. I have that review up if you want to see it. This book was used in the prompt Charms to read a book with a gorgeous cover.
 This book was another audio book. I have been wanting to read this book since I saw it at Barnes and Noble. I didn't buy this book because there were other books I wanted more. I do enjoy this author because he does a great job writing about our history. He goes through all the years of the pioneers even starting from the very beginning. He talks about their struggles and their successes. If you enjoy history like I do I would recommend that you pick up this book. Not used for the N.E.W.T.s.
I finally finished this trilogy. Mike recommended this series to me a while back and I finally finished it. Ted Dekker's book are about religion and he does a good job. This isn't the only series that Mike recommends that I read from him. This series deals with a family and each book is based on one member per book. The first book is based on the father who goes through trials like Job. The book is about the father's mother-in-law and the third is about the wife of the father. I would recommend the series because they really aren't all that religious based. They are really good. This book was used for the prompt Transfiguration for reading a book that is not the first in a series.

I hope you give these a books a try and let me know what you think of them.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment