Tuesday, August 13, 2019

August 1-11 Books Read

I am going to try to do weekly wrap-ups since I read a lot.  I am missing a couple of books but I will tell you about them as I go along.
The first book I finished was Rilla In Ingleside By: L. M. Montgomery. I started this in July. This is book 8 in the Anne of Green Gable Series. This book is about Anne's Daughter Rilla. I gave it 3 stars.
I also listened to this on Audio. I consider this as middlegrade classic.
The next book is also another one that I listened to on Audio and that is Rose Madder by: Stephen King. This book fulfilled the prompt for Herbology to listen to an audio. I had to change this one in for the other book I was going to listen to because the other book wasn't available on audio. I gave this book 4 stars. This book is about a woman who leaves her husband after 14 years. Her husband was a police and he abused her. This talks about how she left him and how she survives This is consider a horror.. 
The third book I also listened to on audio. The book was Angel Fall by: Susan EE. This book fulfilled the prompt of Care of Magical Creatures letter A to read a book that starts with A. I gave this book 3.5 stars. This is the first book of a trilogy. This is young adult fantasy.
My fourth book I actually read and that was GodsGrave by Jay Kristoff. This is the second book in the trilogy. The third book comes out next month. This is an Adult fantasy. I gave this book 5 stars. I have done a review on the first book NeverNight so go read it since this is book two and spoilers. This book fulfilled the prompt A in Divination to read a white book.
Book five and seven were short stories from the Shadow Market book. The stories were The lost World by: Cassandra Clare and Kelly Link and Forever Fallen by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan. I gave 3 stars to both stories. Let me tell you that you need to read Cassandra Clare's lost trilogy before you read these last two stories. I have read only the first book in her last series and I have spoiled myself for the rest of the series because I read these stories. These stories fulfilled the prompt E in Divination to read a short story. Young Adult short story collection
Book six was Goodbye Paris by: Mike Bond I have a review up for this book. This is another book that I started in July and was an e-arc. I gave it 3 stars. Adult mystery
Book eight was Sex On The Moon by: Ben Mezrich. I have had this book on my shelves since August of 2011 so finally had a reason to read it and that reason was I needed a book that moon on the cover to fulfill the prompt A in Astronomy. I gave this book 3 stars. This is based on a true story about a man who steals a safe full of moon rocks. I listened to this on audio.
The last book I read was a middlegrade book and that was pictures of Hollis woods by: Patricia Reilly Giff. I gave this book 4.5 stars and fulfilled the prompt A in Muggle Studies to read a book with an actual picture on the cover. This book is about a 12 year girl who grew up in foster homes. 
As you can see I finished 8 books in the first 11 days of the month. They totaled 2221 pages of reading and yes I counted the audio books in that number. 3 female authors, 4 male authors and 2 who are female but they co-authored. 1 e-book, 4 audio books, and 4 physical books/short story.
I think I had a really good week in reading. I hope if you are doing the N.E.W.T.s that you are doing well and until next time keep reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment