Thursday, August 8, 2024

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder and Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookie Recipe

 

Here is the book along with the finish product of the baking results. I started reading this series because of my daughter, Tara. This is one of her favorite cozy mystery series. There are many recipes in this book, and I will pick another one to do later. This recipe is located on page 28. I took this plate of cookies to work, and they were gone quickly. Everyone loved them.

Here are the ingredients for this recipe. I forgot to put the eggs in the photo.

The first thing you want to do is to preheat the oven to 375 degrees with the rack in the middle position.

You will the following:

1 cup butter (2 sticks, melted)

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 beaten eggs (beaten with a fork)

2 1/2 cups flour (not sifted)

2 cups crushed cornflakes

1-2 cups chocolate chips (I recommend using only 1 cup)

Melt butter, add the sugars and stir. Add soda, salt, vanilla and beaten eggs. Mix well. Then add flour and stir it in. Add crushed cornflakes and chocolate chips and mix it all thoroughly.

Form dough into walnut sized balls with your fingers and place on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet. Press them down with a floured or greased fork in a crisscross pattern (the same method as peanut butter cookies).

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack until completely cool. (The rack is important-it makes them crisp).

If you have ever wonder if the recipes are really tried and good this is what I want to do for you. I enjoy cooking and want to let you know what my family and/or co-workers think of them. This one was a big success. I hope you give this recipe a try.

Until next time, keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment