Sunday, June 10, 2018

June 1st thru June 9th Reads



They Both Die at the EndThe Husband: A NovelLies That Bind UsThese are the books that I read for the first nine days of June. Three were audiobooks, one was partly a physical read and I finished it off as an audio because the book was bad. As you can see two were graphic novels and one I read to David. The book that was bad is The Essex Serpent. This was the library book club book for March and no one liked it. I tried to read it and got a little over 100 pages read and just couldn't pick it back up so I decided to give the audio book a try. I did finish it through the audio but it isn't a good at all. This book will be leaving the house even though it has a beautiful cover. The Beast and the Stone is the third book to a series that David I read last year. This is the last book to the series. David loves this series. It has a great ending and a lot of action in the story to get to that ending. I would recommend that you have your middle grader read this series. The Husband I listened to on audio. At first I thought it would be like Gone Girl but was greatly surprise when it turned nothing like that book. I didn't like Gone Girl. The Husband has to find his wife who has been kidnap and they want 2 million dollars to have her returned. Later on they change the price to 8 million. It tells you what he does and how he handles going about getting things done. It was a great book. I have never read anything by Dean Koontz before. The Clockwork Princess is the last book in this series and I have to say I didn't like this series at all. I prefer her Mortal Instrument series a lot more. This series was really slow moving and boring.  Lies that Bind Us was on my Kindle. This is a thriller and I liked this book. I got this book as a first read from amazon prime, so it was free for me and I am glad I chose this book. It is about a lady who goes back to Crete after 5 years to have a reunion with some friends she met there. The book starts out with her bound to a wall in a small room and she can't remember how she got there. The story is told in flash backs and reveals a lot of who she is and how she got there. I don't want to say much more because this is a thriller. They Both die in the end was another audio book. It talks about how the population is controlled by a society and that they can die within 24 hours after they receive a phone call. They usually find a friend who also dies with in the same time frame. They do a lot of things that they normally wouldn't do and wonder how they will die. It was very interesting.
Now for my star ratings. I gave They Both Die At The End 4 stars, Saga Volume One 3.5 stars, Beast Of Stone 3.5 stars, The Husband 4 stars, Clockwork Princess 3 stars, Paper Girls Volume 3 4 stars Lies That Bind Us 5 stars and The Essex Serpent 2 stars. This week total pages read came to 2702. This was a good week and a half. I hope everyone is able to get some reading done this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment