Saturday, June 2, 2018

May 21st - May 31st Reads

 I have decided to add the last ten days of May reading into one post. So for the week of the 21st I really only read 3 books, It wasn't a good week for reading.  The first book I read was Big Little Lies by: Liane Moriarty. I loved this book. If I had the time I would have read it in one day but that didn't happen. I gave it 5 stars. The 2nd book I read was The Hate U Give By: Angie Thomas. I also like this book. I gave it 4.5 stars. This book gives you some insight on some racial issues and how it affects certain people. This story is told by a teenage girl. It goes into how she deals with what is happening and how she deals with the death of two of her friends which she has witness. I do recommend this book because I think everyone needs to know this information.
 The last book I read this week was Christmas Caramel Murder by: Joanne Fluke. Yes I know it isn't that time of year but it was on a past TBR so needed to be read. This book was another great read this week. I gave it 5 stars. This story was told as a story to Hannah's date in a dining room. This was a different opening for her and I enjoyed it. The total pages read this week were 1108.


These past few days were a lot better in reading. I have been able to read a book a day. As you can see the majority has been graphic novels so they were quick reads. There are two books not pictured above. I read the first two volumes of the graphic novel called Paper Girls. I was surprised that I enjoyed them. I gave both of them a 4 star rating. LumberJane volume 2 was an okay graphic novel. I read the first two volume a while ago and wasn't thrilled with them back then and still not so I will not finish this series. I gave this novel a 3 star rating. I did enjoy the drawings. The last graphic novel is Mercury. I gave this novel a 4.25 rating. This had a dual time line and some history mixed in so I really enjoyed it. I didn't like how the novel ended. Left you hanging or wondering what they did next. The other book that isn't shown that I read/ listened to was A Song Of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. I only gave it 3 stars. This book was way to long in my opinion. I haven't decided if I will continue on with the series. The last book I read is The Wanderer By: Sharon Creech. I gave this book 3.5 stars. It was okay and interesting but I didn't like this one compared to her other books.
The total pages for these last few days  were 1785.
So for the month of May I read a total of 7193 pages. Which comes out to 232 pages a day. Total number of books read were 24. Not a bad month of reading. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment