Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Last week of June Reading

I actually had a great week of reading. These are the physical books that I read this week. I read a title of 7 books this week which came to 1715 pages. Now onto the books.
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo was a 4 star read for me. It was a gook book. I can see why so many people enjoyed it. This is about an actress who has finally agreed to tell all. She will only talk to one person to tell her story to. There is a reason but you don't find out until the end of the book. I do recommend this book. Butch Cassidy, My Brother is of course a book about him told by his sister. I liked this book and gave it 4 stars. I enjoy history and so try to read one book about history a month. The Undead Girl Gang I gave 4 stars to. I was wondering about this book but did get better half way through. This is  about a teenage girl who brings back her best friend because she is sure her friend was killed and didn't comment suicide. She accidently brings back to other girls along with her friend. The book goes into how they decide what is going on in their town. Like said it picks up at the half way point. You should read it if you like zombies and witch craft.
Across the Plains in the Donner Party: A Personal Narrative of the Overland Trip to California (1891)This was a fast read. I have always been interested in the Donner Party since I heard about them in school. This story is told by Virginia. If you like history and want a fast read you should read this book. I gave it 5 stars.
Cary Stayner: The True Story of The Yosemite Park Killer: Historical Serial Killers and Murderers (True Crime by Evil Killers Book 4)This book I just grabbed because I have been to Yosemite Park and didn't realize there was a murder there. Again this is a fast read and I gave it 4 stars.
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King (2000-02-01)I am trying to read/listen to as many Stephen Kings as I can. This book was actually good and not to scary. I gave it 4 stars. This is about a girl who gets lost in the woods and goes through how she survives by thinking about the baseball player Tom Gordon.
Anne Frank Remembered: The Story of the Woman Who Helped to Hide the Frank FamilyI have always been interested in anything by or about Anne Frank since I read her diary in middle school. She is another person besides Laura Ingalls Wilder that I will pick up anything to do with them. This book is about the woman who helped hide the Frank family. I gave this book 5 stars. I highly recommend reading this book.
Total number of pages read this month was 7635. Total number of books this month 26. This was another good month of reading even though it was somewhat busy.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment