Thursday, July 12, 2018

Read-EH-Thon Wrap Up

These are the books that I read during the Read EH Thon. This reading happened from July 1st through July 8th. This was focused on Canadian Authors. I was surprised to know that I had quite a few books written by Canadians. I did have to purchase one book but I have been wanting to read it any way. There were 5 challenges and I was able to complete 4 of them.
The first challenge was to red a book with a red cover. I read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. This is the book that I had to buy. I really enjoyed this book and makes one think about what could happen. I suggest you read this book if you haven't already.
Challenge 2 was to read a book by a Canadian Woman author. All the books that I read were by Canadian Women  but for this challenge I chose The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur. This book is written in verse. If you want a quick read it is an ok book. I really don't have much to say about it.
Challenge 3 is to read a book with "E" and "H" in the title. Try to get them together. Well I couldn't find a book with these letters together. The book I read for this challenge was A Stranger In The House by Shari Lapena. I loved this book. It was great and at first I thought it was going to be like Gone Girl and I was dreading it because I didn't like that book. There were some twist in this story and I thought I had it figured and I was wrong. You must read this book.
Challenge 4 I didn't do because I couldn't find one. The challenge was to read a book by an indigenous author.
Challenge 5 was to read a book set in a province you've never visited. Well this was easy because I live in the US and have only been to British Columbia. I chose Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery. This book and the rest of the series is set in Prince Edward Island. This is the second book to the Anne of Green Gable series. I enjoyed this book and will continue with the series. This one is about Anne being a teacher and the experiences she has.
I really had fun doing this and found some good authors that I would like to read more of. I have tried doing readathons before but always seem to fail at them so it was nice to finally finish one and do well. I would suggest you try one.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment