Saturday, June 1, 2019

May Wrap Up

 I haven't done a wrap up in a couple of months, so thought I would. I have not included the books from the borrowathon. But first I want to give you the statics. I read 20 books this month for a total of 6,734 pages.  7 are male authors, 11 are female authors and 2 are more than one author. I read 2 middle grade , 5 young adult, 1 humor, 1 graphic novel, 4 fiction, 1 classic, 2 nonfiction, 1 short story, 2 mystery, and 1 Historical fiction. My star rating is as follows: 10 4 stars, 3 5 stars, 4 3 stars, and 3 4.5 stars. So in all it was a pretty good reading month. I did have a slow start but ended up strong. Now onto the books. The Burning Maze By: Rick Riordan is a middle grade book. I gave it 4 stars and this is the book that I have been to David. Calypso By: David Sedaris is the humor book and I gave it 3 stars. I wasn't impressed, but not a bad book. The only graphic novel and a 5 star read is My Brother's Husband Volume 2.
 See Me By: Nicholas Sparks I gave 4.5 stars. I actually started this book as an audio that I was listening to in the car but ended up finishing physically. I needed to know what happened next and didn't want to wait. When the Moon By: Anna-Marie McLemore was ours is a young adult that I gave 4 stars. Ivy Aberdeen's Letter To The World By: Ashley Herring Blake is a middle grade book and I gave it 5 stars. Les Misérables By: Victor Hugo is the classic and I gave it 3 stars. This is an abridged book that my middle daughter has but I listened to the unabridged book. This book is way to long.
 Daisy Jones &The Six By: Taylor Jenkins Reid I gave 4 stars. I recommend that you listen to this book on audio instead of reading physically. It is a good book but nothing like her Evelyn Hugo book. Random Sampler: Helpful Hints for Latter-Day Living From The Ensign is a short story and I gave it 3 stars. It isn't really short stories but some personal self help articles. Death On The Nile By: Agatha Christie. This is a mystery and I gave it 4 stars. Truly Devious By: Maureen Johnson is a young adult mystery and I gave it 4 stars. This book is a series so the mystery isn't solved yet. Where'd You Go, Bernadette By: Maria Semple I gave 3 stars too. I listened to this in the car. I wouldn't call this a mystery so I put it as fiction. I wasn't fond of this story but it wasn't bad either. The Traveler's Guide To Historic Mormon America is nonfiction and I gave it 4 stars. This is a quick read and tells you about what to see if you go through Mormon historical sites. It is a 1999 copy so I am hoping for a newer version soon with more updated information.
 Review up for this book. This is an e-arc for Net Galley. I gave this book 4.5 stars and is a historical fiction book.
Review up on this book. This is another e-arc from Net Galley. I gave this book 5 stars and is a young adult book.
Sorry that I didn't go into much detail on these books. Most of them you have heard about because they are back listed. The newer two I already have reviews up on them so go read them. I hope you give these books a try and let me know what you think. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment