Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Borrowathon #6

 This is the only readathon I did for this month. The readathon went from May 19th-May 26th.
There were 6 challenges and I was able to complete 5 of them. So what were the challenges. I will go by the pictures I have.
The first challenge was to read a book I was in the mood for. For this I read Fatality By: Caroline B. Cooney. I borrowed this book from my daughter Bekah. I have had this book for a really long time and really needed to get it read. This book is about a teenage girl who was involved with a murder that happen fours ago and it was never solved. The police are back asking questions and her mom has given them her diary since she wrote everything down in it for that year before she stopped writing. She is freaking out because she has a secret that she doesn't want anyone to know. She does the unthinkable and steals the police car to get it back. What happen four years ago? What is her secret? You will have to read the book to find out. I enjoyed the book and it was a quick read. The next challenge was to read a book completely outside of your house. For this I read Elevation By: Stephen King. I read this in the car as I waited to pick up David from school. I finished it on Saturday afternoon on my back porch. This book is short and not a horror. Something a little different for him. This book is about a man who is losing weight but he doesn't look like it. The doctor can't find anything wrong with him or has an explanation of what is causing it. It is a fun a little story and tells how he deals with it and some other things that he try's to deal with before the end comes. You should give it try.
 The next challenge is to read a book that features a library. For this challenge I listened to The Body In The Library By: Agatha Christie. As you probably already know this is a mystery novel. I don't like to go into much detail about these types of books. I am finding that I am enjoying her books. This book of course takes place in a library and they are trying to figure out who killed the young lady that they find. Another quick read. You will find that I tried to get small books for this readathon.
 The next challenge was to read a non-traditional format. For this challenge I listened to The Narrative of Sojourner Truth By: Herself and Olive Gilbert. This book is about her life. I love history and wanted something educational for a change. I enjoyed this book.
The last challenge I was able to complete was to read a book featuring one of your bucket list items. The book for this challenge was Sadie By: Courtney Summers. This wasn't my first choice but the book I wanted to read was over 400 pages and I was running out time so I picked up this one. I do want to eventually listened to podcast. This book is basically a podcast story. I listened to this on audio and I would highly recommend that you do also. This book is about a girl who going after her sister killer. It tells what she thinking and what she does. It is kind of a mystery so again I don't want to go into much detail. I liked this book. The book goes into details about this girl's life and what happened to her and why she is going after her sister's killer. She knows who he is.  The challenge I didn't get to was to read a book set during your favorite time of year.
While that is what I read for this week. Did you join in the readathon? If you did what did you read? I would like to know. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment