Tuesday, May 7, 2019

April Wrap up

 Here are the rest of the books that I read in April that were not on the OWLs that I did. A lot of these books were from the month of March and February. So the bottom book The Death of Mrs. Westaway By Ruth Ware was the library book club read for April or March I can't remember. I really enjoyed it and gave it 4 stars. The City of Brass By: S.A. Chakraborty I started in February and finally finished this month. It is a fantasy so it took me a little longer to read. I also enjoyed this book and gave it 4 stars. The book Ruby by: Cynthia Bond I listened to on audio as I ran my errands around town or just driving around. I didn't like this book and gave it only 2 stars. There were a lot of things I didn't like about and there are a lot of trigger warnings that I wish I knew about before starting this book. I will go into more details in a review once I get got up on things. Last Call at the Night Shade Lounge by: Paul Krueger was another book club read for me and I also listened to this on audio. It was an ok book and I gave it 3 stars. The last book on this stack The Cold Dish By: Craig Johnson was a disappointment for me. I actually met the author and he is a great guy and very funny but this book was only a 3 star for me. Maybe because it is more of western then a mystery. This is a mystery book but has a lot of western theme stuff going on. This is the first book in a series and I just don't know if I will continue on. I do own two more of his books that I got from book outlet. I will have to think hard on this one.
 This is a children's picture book that won the Goodreads award for 2018. I gave it 5 stars. I thought it was cute and had a message for the younger ones. I also enjoyed the pictures. I don't read in this area anymore because my children are older and my grandchildren live far away from me.
 This is a cute graphic novel. It is young adult and a quick read. I had a great time reading this and it only took me an afternoon to read. I gave it 5 stars.
This is a short story collection of women as the title tells you. I am trying to read a short story every day. I have discovered that I really don't like short stories but since I have quite a few of them on my shelves I need to get them read. I gave this book 3 stars. I feel that the short stories don't always give you enough information and it leaves me hanging and I just don't like that feeling.
I wasn't sure if I was going to do a wrap up so I don't have any statistics for you this month. I am keeping track for next month.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment