Saturday, May 4, 2019

O.W.L.S Readathon Wrap up

 I have decided to take part in a month long readathon for the month of April. This readathon is the OWLS which is a magical readathon based on Harry Potter. I have enjoyed reading the books from the series by myself and then reading them to my younger two children. I have also watched the movies over and over again. When you have children who love the series you can't not help be involved with them. In this readathon there are 12 challenges and I was able to complete 11 of them. So not to bad besides the other 9 books I read which will be in the next blog.
So on with the books I read. The one challenge I didn't finish was called Ancient Runes which was to read a retelling this is the one I didn't get to. Arithmancy was to read a book by two authors and I read What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera. I gave it 4 stars. Astronomy was to read a book with "star" in the title and read Girl Made of Stars by: Ashley Herring Blake. I gave it 5 stars. Care of Magical Creatures was to read a book with a land animal on the cover. I read Marley and Me by: John Grogan. I gave it 5 stars and be prepared to cry. Charms was to read a book of adult work and I read Crime and Punishment by: Fyodor Dostoevsky. I gave it 3 stars. It was a classic and they are hard for me to read and enjoy. Divination was to read a book set in the future and I finally read The Martian by: Andy Weir. I gave this book 4.5 stars but on goodreads it will show as 5 stars. History of Magic was to read a book that was published at least ten years ago and I read Coraline by: Neil Gaiman. I gave it 4 stars. It is another book like C.S. Lewis The Lion Witch and Wardrobe.
 This is the book I read for Muggle Studies which was to read a contemporary. I gave it 4 stars. This is another hard hitting book and I would recommend that you read it.
 I read this book for Herbology which was to read a book with a plant on the cover. I gave it 3 stars.
This is a memoir and it is hard for to rate someone elses life but for me it was a little boring.
 This is the book I read for Potions which was to read a sequel. You will also see this book again later in the year. I gave it 3 stars. It is a graphic novel and for me a little weird and starting to get boring and the series really needs to wrap up soon.
 This is the book I read for Defence of the Dark Arts which was to read a book that starts with "R" in the title. This was okay. I gave it 3 stars. Not one of his better books
The last book for the OWLs that I read was for Transfiguration which was to read a book with sprayed edges or a red cover. This book has been on shelves for a long time and I finally decided to read it. It is a short book just over 100 pages. I gave it 3 stars. This book talks about the religious aspects of the Da Vinci Code. At least the authors didn't bash Dan Brown and at the end of the book the do say to remember that The Da Vinci is a work of fiction.

These books really gave me a chance to round out my reading the month and some of them have been on my shelves for awhile and I was finally able to read them. Did you take part in this readathon? What did you read and were they any good?
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment