Monday, February 17, 2020

Books Beside my Chair #7

For the week of February 10th through February 16th, I read four books which totaled 1,713 pages and brings my total books read for the year to 33.

 This is my classic for the month. I have always liked reading about Robin Hood. I have read several retellings about him. I did only give it three stars though. Classics are hard for me to get into even my favorite one. I like hearing about people helping other people in need.
 Ok I am one of those who really didn't like this book. I gave it 2.5 stars. It was very slow and took 100 pages before anything interesting happened. It also was way to political for me. I did like the fact that both of the guys parents did support them though.
 This book took me forever to read. Not because it is bad but because I only read it for 30 minutes a day. I also didn't read it every day. This is church history about my religion. It is good but out- dated on some of the thinking now. I did enjoy learning about my religion. Not much new though I have read a lot but like hearing about it from a different author and view. The title is hard to read so I will tell you what the book is called.  Essentials in Church History By: Joseph Fielding Smih.
This was the last book I finished fore week. I read it for the Historathon. I picked this book up in a thrift shop sometime last year. This book is based in Canada and was about children who came from Britain to be placed in homes. It is kind of like our Orphan Train children. It was very good and I learned a lot about Canada by reading this book. It is a middle grade but that is the best way to learn history. It takes out all the boring details and gets to the point in an easy way.

I struggled this week to get these books read not because of a slump but because of life and being busy. Again I am hoping to do better because the month is almost and my TBR has barely been touched with all I want to read.
Let me know if you have read any of these books and if you have what did you think of them.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment