Monday, February 24, 2020

Books Beside My Chair #8

This is for the week of February 17th - 23rd. I read 2 books which total 791 pages. This brings my yearly total of books read to 35.

 White Bird By: R.J. Palacio Is a middle-grade Graphic Novel about the second world war. It is historical fiction. I greatly enjoyed this book and would highly recommend that everyone read this book. It is put into simple terms and but hard hitting about true events. She does a great job telling these event which makes it easy for children to understand but not be afraid. I gave this book 5 stars. Children need to know what happened in the past.
Kingsbane By: Claire LeGrand Is a young adult fantasy novel. It does have some very detailed couple relations area in it. I would probably put this book as an new adult fantasy book instead of young adult. I did enjoy this second book in the series and will have a review up with in a week. I gave this book 4 stars. This book is the continuation of the Furyborn that came out in 2018. I enjoy the characters and it leaves you on a cliff hanger at the end. I am not sure when the last book comes out but hopefully this year because I need to know how the series will end. A lot of interesting things have happened.

That is all I read for the week. It was a slow reading week but I enjoyed everything I read.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment