Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday #4

Today I have chosen to talk about ten authors I own the most books from. I will be putting them in order from the most owned to the least. This will not cover all the authors that I owned multiple books of though just the top ten.

 1. Sandra Brown is the author that I owned the most books of. I have 47 books. I am still needing to find some of her books that I don't own. I still have 5 books that I need to read. I started reading her books when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter Ashley. That was about 26 years ago. I love her story telling.
 2. Mary Higgins Clark is the next in line. I own 41 of her books that she wrote by herself. I own 4 that she wrote with her daughter Carol Higgins Clark and 5 that she wrote with Alafair Burke. I started reading her books when I lived in Del Rio, Texas. My bishop's wife recommended her and I have read all but 8 of her books. She has sadly passed away on January 31, 2020. She will be greatly missed.
 3. W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear I own 22 of their books. I haven't read 5 of them. I started reading their books in 1999 because my Dad recommended them. I also know that they have each written books by themselves. There books are like Jean Auel books about America before we truly knew it. They are called America's forgotten past. I really enjoy them. Now some books are better than others but they have a lot of information and detail and that can get a little boring but not all of them are like that. They are great story tellers.
 4. Sue Grafton is an author that I own 22 of her books but haven't read any of them. In fact I haven't read any of her books. She has written the alphabet series starring Kinsey Millhone as a detective. She sadly passed away on December 28,2017 before she was able to write the last book in the series. So far there isn't anyone who will write it so they are saying the alphabet ends on Y. I just need the last three books and then I will have the complete series so that I can binge read it.
 5. Gerald N. Lund is an author that writes mostly books about my church history. In case you don't know my religion I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have read about 11 of his books and those I own along with 9 more that I haven't read. That brings his book count to 20. I need 1 or 2 more books to finish another series that I own but want the books before I start. I love how he tells about church history in a knowledgeable way and very interesting to learn and the research he does. The first series I read of his is called The Work and Glory. If you want to learn about our history I would recommend his books.
 6. Janet Evanovich I own 19 books. I have read a few of her books and like her writing style. I have been reading her Stephanie Plum series right now and those are the books that I own. My oldest daughter Tara got me into this series.
 7. Joanne Fluke I also own 19 of her books. I also started reading her because of oldest daughter Tara. I really enjoy her Hannah Swenson series. I have another book that she wrote just to see if I would enjoy that as well but haven't read it yet.
 8. Carol Higgins Clark I own 14 of her 15 books that she has written. I also own 4 of the books she co-authored with her mother that I mentioned before. She is also a mystery writer like her mom but she uses just one main character and that is Reilly Regan who is a private investigator. I enjoy her stories but she isn't her mom.
 9. Dean Hughes I also own 14 of his books. I have read only 5 of them. He is also a member of my church. His stories aren't really history based but fun. His series that I read was about WWII and how a family of our belief lived through it. It was a great story. I need to read the other series that I own because it is suppose to be about the children's family on the above series.
10. Richard Paul Evans I own 12 books and Aryan owns 7 books. Everyone knows who he is. He is a wonderful story teller and puts out new books every year. I have read almost all of the books he has written. There are a couple that I own that I haven't read yet.

If you have read any of these authors please let me know what you think about their writing. I have read something from all but one of them. If there is an author you would recommend please leave me a comment. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment