Monday, May 11, 2020

Books Beside My Chair #19

This is for the week of May 4th to May 10th. I read 8 books which brings my yearly total to 102 books. These books totaled 2,981 pages. I didn't include the one book that I DNF'D. I read only 88 pages in that book. I will have the DNF'd book first then go onto the books that I read for the last week.

 This is the book that I was buddy reading with Tara and we both decided that we weren't enjoying it so decided to DNF it at chapter 9 which is 88 pages in. I know a lot of people enjoy this book. This book was slow and I wasn't liking how they side characters were treating the main character. You aren't given the main character name and she was day dreamer and you couldn't tell when she was doing this or if it was part of the details for the present day. Also there is no reason to take five pages of detail for a two mile drive.
 I gave this book 4 stars. It is a Young book that deals with mental health. I highly recommend that you read this book.
 I finally finished this book. I borrowed this from Bekah a while ago. I gave it 3 stars. I am considering this book a classic. I don't think I need to tell you about this book. This book I put on my 20 books in 2020
 This book was on my 10 books that I owned that has been on my TBR the longest.  I gave it 4 stars. This book is a revised edition and it has pictures and simple writing. This is about the life of Joseph Smith as told by his mother. She told about her family and her husband family at the beginning of the book. I did enjoy it and love hearing about it from her view.
 This book I read for my library book club. We will be have a zoom meeting on the 2nd of June to discuss this book. I have had this book on my TBR since August of 2011 so it was about time that I got this book read. It was ok and I gave it 3 stars. It is about a research doctor who  has some issues because during a surgery she ended up blinding a young boy and she is having trouble getting over that. She also ends up going to Brazil in search of her missing partner.
 This is the book that Tara and I ended up buddy reading after the DNF. We both enjoyed this book. I gave it 4.5 stars. It is a contemporary. This book is about two writers who are going through some personal things and they find each other and help other. The one thing I didn't like about this is that their communication is terrible.
 This is a young adult contemporary book written by a man. It was ok and I gave it 3 stars. I am so glad that I decided to listen to this book on audio because there was some Korean that I would have never been able to read let alone pronounce. This is a fake dating troupe.
 I have heard a lot about this book and just wanted to give it a try. I am also thinking about watching the movie. I gave this book 4 stars. This book is about a little boy trying to deal with the fact that is mom is ill and will end up dieing. It goes through how he is dealing with this or not. I highly recommend that you give this book a try.

This was my favorite book of the week. I haven't been able to say that in awhile. I gave this book 5 stars. This is a middle-grade book. This book is a Pakistani village. A 12 year girl who is hoping to become a teacher makes a mistake and tells the leader of the area off and ends up in trouble. This book will tell how she deals with this and the truth of how things are in this town and the surrounding town. This is based on true events but using fictional names and events. I highly recommend that you read this book.

I hope you give each of these books a try even the book that I didn't like. As always let me know what you think about these books if you have read them.
Until next time keep reading and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment