Monday, May 18, 2020

Books Beside My Chair #20

This is for the week of May 11th -17th. I read 7 books which brings my reading total to 109 books. The total number of pages read is 2,616.

 This is a middle grade book that I gave 3 stars to.  This is a story about a boy who fell off a wagon is raised by a poor farmer. He becomes friends with a stranger and learns his story. This book tells how he learns about his pass. I have enjoyed her books but this one isn't up to her normal in my opinion.
 This is another middle grade that I again gave 3 stars to. It is about a group of young children who are search of a ghost at the hotel. It is a cute story but was lacking.
 I have had this book for awhile and finally got around to reading it. I really enjoyed this book and gave it 4 stars. It is taking place in Scotland. The girl has dead and was brought back to life by another ghost. She is learning why she is still alive and what she needs to do with her ability to see and hear ghost. I had a great time reading this book and I am hoping to get to the second book soon.
 This is a review book that I did for Net Galley. It is a YA book and I gave it 3 stars. To learn more about this book read my review.
 This is a heart warming and breaking book. I gave it 4 stars. It is a dual time going from 1970 to 2001/2013. I highly recommend that you read this book. I found myself not wanting to read it because I knew it was going to be heart breaking in some parts but then again I couldn't put the book down. It is about a woman whose baby will not survive if she is born in the 1970's because her baby has a heart condition. She is sent to the future to have a special surgery done to help her baby. Who sends her into the future? What happens to the baby and the woman? You will have to read the book.
 I wasn't sure I was going to like this book but I ended up giving it 4 stars. This is a mystery/ thriller.
It is about a young lady who loses her boyfriend to a car accident but everyone thinks he may have committed suicide. There is only one problem they can't find his body. There is a twist that I didn't even see and it brought up this 3 star read to a 4 star read.
This book has taken me almost five months to read. I of course only read it thirty minutes a day so that is why it took so long. Not only is it over 800 pages long but the writing is so tiny that in a 30minute period I could only read 8 pages. This is a nonfiction/biography of George Washington. I t was a complete history of his life and the time. I gave it 4 stars. 

These are the books that I finished for the week and still working on more. I will keep you posted when I finish them some of them will be this week. Until then keep reading and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment