Monday, May 25, 2020

Books Beside My Chair #21

This is for the week of May 18th-24th. I didn't read much this week. I read only 3 books which brings my yearly total to 112 books. These books totaled 825 pages. I just didn't feel like pushing myself to read. I just went with the flow. These are the books that I read.

 The first book of the week was an urban fantasy. At first I wasn't sure that I was going to like it but I ended up loving it. I gave it 4 stars. This actually surprised me by being a ghost story. I should have realized it by the back of the book but I try not to focus on what the synopsis says about the book because I don't want to be spoiled. This book mainly takes part in New York. The book starts in Kentucky and ends in Kentucky. It is about a young girl who dies before her time and she is slowly gaining time to her actual death date. There is a mystery involved dealing with witches and other ghost.
 This is a middle grade fantasy. I gave it 3 stars and do have the second book to this series. This book is a little hard to describe but it does deal with transfiguration. It is about twins who both change but into different creatures. One changes into a wolf and the other into a dragon. Wolves and dragons are enemy in this land.
I was really disappointed in this book. Again this book is a middle grade. It is also a Sci-Fi/Fantasy. This book also has ghost in it. (In the last two weeks I have read 4 books about ghost.) The girl is also a shape shifter. The girl is looking for her brother is lost and wants to find him. She has some interesting things that happen to her in her search.

I have been reading other books but haven't finished them. I am hoping to finish them in the up coming week. I am ahead of schedule for my reading goal so I am not worried.
If you have read any of these books let me know what you thought of them. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment