Monday, December 28, 2020

Once Upon A Book Club Advent Box


 I am a member of the Once Upon a Book Club Subscription box. They also offer special boxes such as the one shown above. This box was a little pricey but I had a blast reading the book and opening the gifts. 

You started on the 14th of December and read one story every day for 12 days which put you reading the last story on Christmas Day.


This is the gift or gifts that I opened on day one. I gave the story 4 stars. The story was about a widower who finally lives her dream with the help of her daughters and mother-in-law.


This is what was in day two. I gave the story 3 stars. It was about a little girl and an older gentleman who meet at the ocean. She is on an adventure. He tells her a story about his life. How he arrived and what has happened to him. It is about adventures to other worlds. He ends up teaching her ways o survive on her adventures.

Day three story I gave 4 stars. This is about a foster child who is in high school. Trying to stay under the radar until she turns 18 so she can be on her own. Takes Drama as an elective and ends up getting the lead role that she never wanted. She learns things and figures out that she matters.


Day 4. I have already read this book and enjoyed it. The story that goes with this gift I only gave 3 stars. Cute little story about adventure. Where a character from one story goes to 3 different books to keep from being bored. In the lst book she learns what is important.



Day 5. I gave this story 3 stars. This is about a girl who has death as her father. She has magic and is never told about it until it is too late. She is always kept locked up and sings to a hunter who hunts beast.

Day 6. I also gave this story 3 stars. This story was about two sisters. They walk to the library and an antique store. The younger sister gets a stack of books and the older sister buys an old piece of wood from the store. When they get home they find the neighbors got is on their picnic table and returns it to the yard. During the trip the older sister reveals the reason they ended up walking instead of her using the car.


Day 7. The story for this gift I only gave 2 stars. This story didn't really have much since all it said was to share the joy. It tells about 2 older women who meet in a hospital and make a friendship.


Day 8's story In gave 3 stars. Mother and daughter return home to go a funeral. Mother trying to figure out what to do and goes on a treasure hunt and rediscovers herself and figures out things.



Day 9 story I gave another 3 stars. This is a sweet story about memories. Two sisters own and run an Inn in Mass.  A blizzard hits and the memories come. I have put this on my steering wheel.




Day 10. I gave this story 4 stars. Romance through a book. Two seniors in high school who grew up together and live next door lose friendship in their first year of high school. They find each other again through notes in a book and find out they have never stopped caring.



Day 11. I gave this story 4stars. Teagan cancels a hiking trip with her boyfriend to cover for someone at work. She doesn't get credit for all her work and decides to go hiking  a few days after the planned trip. On her way up to the cabin she discovers things about herself and what she truly wants.

Day 12. The last story I gave 4 stars. Story of an older man who has lost his wife and is so lonely. One day his son comes to visit with his girlfriend and her two children. The little girls calls him Scrooge and he doesn't like that but doesn't know how to change. He does learn and is able to love again. 

When I average the star ratings the book ended up being a 3 star overall. I will do this again next year because I had a blast doing this.
Until next time keep reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment