Monday, April 5, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up

  

These are the books that I read for the week of March29th through April 4th. I read 10 books and DNF'D 1 book. My total books read for the year is 94 and page total for the week was 2,089 pages.


Camp Half-Blood Confidential By: Rick Riordan

I gave this book 4 stars. I was able to read it in one day. It was marked as part of series so I wanted to read it so I can mark off the series as read. I really do not know why it is considered part of series but that is okay. The series is called The Trials of Apollo. This book is about the orientation film for newcomers to the camp. The only person who ever saw it was Nico.

He goes and shows the other people the film and they decide to update it. The film mostly included Apollo who did everything in the film. They decide to keep some of Apollos stuff but added some new things.

I did enjoy it and it does give you a little more information about the camp.



Saints and Misfits By: SK Ali

I gave this book 4 stars. I have a full review up on another post so go check it out. I will say this brought back some high school memories.


Camp Jupiter Classified By: Rick Riordan

I gave this book 4 stars and it finishes up the series called The Trials of Apollo.

This book is a journal of a camper called Claudia who writes about her first week or so in camp. A lot of strange things seem to be happening and people in the camp are wondering if she is the one doing them. She does have a couple of friends who are willing to help her figure what or who is really causing the problems. It was a cute story and a fast read. I read it in a day.



My Contrary Mary By: Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

I gave this book 3 stars and it starts a new series. I am not sure if I will read the rest of the series, but I might if my library gets them when they come out. This book is not even published yet. I was able to review it for NetGalley. I do have a review up on a previous post so  take a look.



Dear Miss Kopp (Kopp Sisters #6) By: Amy Stewart

I DNF’d this book at 55 pages. I was a little disappointed because I really like this series. This book was written in letter format. Reading letter format is not new to me but they have to be interesting enough for me to continue and these letters were boring.




The Phoenix and The Carpet Book 2 in the Children Series By: E. Nesbit

I gave this book 3 stars. This book is just more adventures of the children from the first book. The Phoenix and the carpet are companions. 

 


All Quiet on the Western Front By: Erich Maria Remarque

I gave this book 3 stars. I must admit that I saw this movie years ago when I was in school. I liked the movie better. This book is about the first world war. This is based off his time that he served in the army.

The Midwinter Witch By: Molly Knox Ostertag

I gave this graphic novel 4 stars. This is the third volume of the witch boy series. This novel is about a festival where shapeshifter and witches compete for top position for the year. This is the first that a boy witch will going against girl witches. There are other things happening, but they are based on things that happen in book two and I do not want to spoil anything.

The Story of Anne Frank By: Emma Carlson Berne

I gave this book 5 stars. I have always been interested in her life. It is sad that these things happen to the Jewish people and others. I am glad that people are writing for the younger children to be able to learn history in an easy way.

Monstress Volume 4: The Chosen By: Marjorie Liu

I gave this graphic novel 4 stars. I enjoyed this volume than the third volume. Our main character meets her father in this volume, and she finds out that an ally ends up being a spy. I am looking forward for the next issue.


The Story of Michelle Obama By: Christine Platt

I gave this book 5 stars. I read her book Becoming and enjoyed it a lot. This is just a simple version of her life for young readers to learn about her. She is a remarkably interesting person and down to earth. I am glad to learn more about her and what she is up to next.

Have you read any of these books? If so what did you think? Until next time keep reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment