Monday, April 12, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up

 This is for the week April 5th through April 11th. I read 5 books which brings my yearly books to 99. I read a total of 1,686 pages.

These are the five books. Not as good as the week before but it was a busy week.

Class Act By: Jerry Craft

I gave this graphic novel 4 stars. This is the sequel to New Kid which won the Newbury Award in 2020. This book is about the second year in a private school. This school does not have a whole lot of diversity, but it is trying. The children in this book are learning about each other and what their lives are about as well as their friends. I enjoyed reading it.

Bunny By: Mona Awad

I gave this book 2.5 stars. I picked up this book because Kayla from Booksandlala recommended it. I thought it was a mystery and it is a romance. This book did not make any sense to me. I was confused most of the time. I know that it is based in college and a group of friends or supposedly friends are getting together for some fun and things go way bad. Not a book for me.

Because of the Sun By: Jenny Torres Sanchez

I gave this book 5 stars. I never heard of this book or author before. I received this book in a book subscription book a couple of years and have finally gotten around to it. It is a tearjerker. This book is about a teenage girl who is dealing with the death of her mother and having to move in with her aunt that she did not even existed. She learns a lot about her feelings and her life and other people including her mother’s family and what happen to make her mother act the way she did. I highly recommend this book.

A Memory Called Empire By: Arkady Martine
I gave this book 3 stars. I read it for a book club I am a member of. It is a sci-fi novel. This had a mystery element to it. 

Descendant of the Crane By: Joan He

I gave this book 3 stars. I heard a lot about this book last year and decided to read it.  This is royal story and what it takes to run a country and solves issues such as the death of her father and the making of war.

This weeks reading wasn't all that great. One disappointment and a couple Meh books. Have you read any of these books? If you have what did you think?

Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment