Monday, April 26, 2021

Weekly Wrap-Up

 

This is for the week of April 19th through April 25th. I read 11 books which brings my yearly reading total to  a 116 books. Total pages read for the week was 2,772.

Grown By: Tiffany D. Jackson

I gave this book 4 stars. This is a hard-hitting book. The reason I say this is because it deals with domestic violence. With that being said it was a very good book and I highly recommend that people should read and become aware. This can happen to anyone and everyone should be aware. One does not need to marry to the person who is violent. 

Lucky Caller By: Emma Mills

I gave this book 3 stars.  This is a YA book. A group of Seniors in High School work together in the radio station in this high school. They have nothing in common. They are learning how to get along and to figure their lives.

City of the Plague God By: Sarwat Chadda

I gave this book 4 stars. It is a middle grade from the Rick Riordan Presents Series. I received this book from NetGalley for a honest review. I have the review up so please look at it. 

I Heard That Song Before By: Mary Higgins Clark

I gave this book 4 stars. It is part of my books not read by author series. She is one of my favorite authors that no matter what I will buy her books. Unfortunately, she passed away last year. This book was published in 2007. This book is about three murders that took place at different times within the last 22 years. They were never able to prove who did it but had a main suscept but could not prove he did it. Now he is remarried and the mother of one of the persons murder wants to reopen the investigation before she dies. Did he kill them or did someone else do it? The evidence points to him.


A Wilder Rose By: Susan Wittig Albert

I gave this book 4 stars. I was supposed to read this book for the Little House Readathon in February, but I ran out of time. This book is about Rose Wilder Lane. This book goes into the help she gave her mother on her books and how she had adventures before the stock market crash in late 1929. It is a good biography about her life.

Lore By: Alexandra Bracken

I gave this book 4 stars. This book has some Greek Gods in the story. This is more a fantasy in my opinion. This is about a young girl who is trying to stay with her family, but her dad is forced to send her to a king for marriage to an older man. There are many adventures.

The Story of Joe Biden By: Frank Berrios

I gave this book 3 stars. I am trying to keep an open mind on this book. He is not my favorite person, but this book is part of a series, so I read it. I received this book through the Amazon Vine program. I did learn some things that I didn’t know about Joe like the loses he suffers. I think for a history book this book should have waited until he was in office longer before being written. It is easy for children to read and the pictures are good. I always enjoy the quiz section in the book.

The Story of Jackie Robinson By: Andrea Thorpe

I gave this book 5 stars. I grew up hearing about him from everyone who likes baseball. I learned a lot about him in this simple biography. I am glad he stood up for himself and paved the way for other baseball players of his color.

 

The Story of Stan Lee By: Frank Berrios

I gave this book 4 stars. I must omit I didn’t know who he was until I read this book. I am glad he was able to do something he loved for a living and he worked until the day he died. He is the writer of many comic books and started some incredibly famous ones that movies have been based off.


Along The Santa Fe Trail: Marion Russell’s Own Story By: Marion Russell/Adapted by: Ginger Wadsworth

I gave this book 5 stars. This book is about Marion’s Russell’s first trip across the Santa Fe Trail. It tells of her adventures and the trials she and her family face. Not too many since this is a children’s book. I read this book because I have a friend who this is her Great Great Grandmother’s story.


 


Death Gone A-Rye By: Winnie Archer

I gave this book 4 stars. It is book 6 in her series bread shop mysteries.

I have a review up for this book since I received this from NetGalley for an honest review. To learn more please go check it out.

 

Have you read any of these books? If so what did you think? Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment