Monday, June 28, 2021

Weekly Reading Wrap Up

 This is for the week of June 21st through June 27th. I read 7 books which brings my yearly reading total to  183 books. I read 1,909 pages. Now onto the books that I read this week.

Felix Ever After By: Kacen Callender

I gave this book 4 stars. This is about a Transgender teen. Felix has never been in love or kissed. Felix is struggling with his identity and learning about himself. Felix loves to paint and is trying for a scholarship to Brown University but is up against another boy who is just as talented.  Felix learns who his friends are and who his enemies are who he thought was his friend. This is a particularly good story to learn how teens struggle with who they are.


Murder At Madame Tussauds By: Jim Eldridge

I gave this book 3.5 stars. I have a book review up on my blog, so I add the link here.  https://debbiesreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2021/06/murder-at-madame-tussauds-book-review.html




Horrid By: Katrina Leno

I gave this book 3 stars. This one was not her best work. Jane and mother move from California to the New England area after the death of her father and strange things start happening. I did not like the ending for some reason I was hoping for something better.



The Dangerous Gift: Wings of Fire Book 14 By: Tui T. Sutherland

I gave this book 3 stars. I guess it is just me, but I think it times for her to finish this series. I read this book for the Whateverathon prompt to read the team color which is orange.

This is about Snowfall who is the new Ice Wing queen and how she deals with things. She has a piece of jewelry that gives her dreams about things that are going to happen. Can these dreams help her protect her tribe or will it cause problems that she cannot handle?



The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky By: Mackenzi Lee

I gave this book 4 stars. It is book 1.5 in the Montague Siblings series. It is a quick read. This is a novella about Monty and Percy. Monty wants to further his relationship with Percy but does not want to scare him. Plans are put into place and things happen but not how Monty wants them to. It is a cute story and goes into their feelings.



We Dream of Space By: Erin Entrada Kelly

I gave this book 4 stars. I enjoyed this book more than her Newbery Medal winner, Hello, Universe. This book is about three siblings who live in Delaware.

Cash, who is struggling with school and loves sports. Fitch, who plays arcade games and has a temper he does not understand. Bird, who is Fitch’s twin who wants to be an astronaut.  Their family life is not good because their parents are constantly fighting.

What I like about this book is that it is about the spaceship Challenger. The Science teacher applied to be the teacher who gets to go up but is not selected.

She teaches them about the program and gets them involved about the mission. She has them watch the lifted off then things go from there.  We know what happens to the ship, but it goes into how they deal with it.

At the back of the book, it tells what happen and what they think caused the explosion. Particularly good book for middle grade.



The Grown Up By: Gillian Flynn

I gave this 3 stars. It was a short read. I guess I just don't like her writing. This is her second book and I haven't really been a fan of how she writes mysteries/thrillers. This book is about a young woman who makes her living by helping men release their sexual frustrations. She works for a fortune teller in the back room where all this takes place. She is having issues with her wrist so her boss moves her to telling fortunes. She meets a lady who has problems with a stepson and the new house. She is hired to cleansed the house form the evil. Strange things happen and she tells the woman she needs to hire someone else because it is out of field. The stepson is one weird kid or is he. His dad is always gone and his stepmother wants nothing to do with. What is really going on with the house or the stepson? You will have to read the book to find out.

Did you read any of these books? If so what did you think? Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment