Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Kite Runner Review

 

The Kite Runner Review

I just finished this book tonight. I have been reading it for a while. I can't remember the reason I picked up this book but I saw it the DI when we were there in May and recognized it as a book I heard about. I read another of his books called And The Mountains Echoed. I have to say I am not a fan of his writing, they aren't bad but they are not for me.
This book is about his childhood going up in Afghanistan and then immigrating to America. He came over just before the war broke out over there. He goes into great detail which makes it interesting and gives you the knowledge about what life is like over in another country but in areas it was kind of over doing it. I like detail but don't over do it where it gets to boring and one can't use their imagination. Some people like that but I don't. I would recommend this book because it does give us some background of the country and how he did when he arrived. I liked how his father didn't like being on welfare and return the food stamps to the welfare worker and figured out a way to make a living without knowing the language. There were a few twist in this and in the end it tells how he confronted them and was able to come to grip with what he did when he was younger. This was his first novel so it wasn't bad; the other one I read was like his third and maybe if the story was different I might have liked it. Would I read his other books I can't say either way. I would have to see what other people have to say but I probably won't at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment