Thursday, April 19, 2018

What I have read so far in April

 It looks like April will be another slow reading month. The first week o April these are the books I have read. I finished the 2nd book of the Michael Vey series. I gave it only 3 stars. I am finding that I don't usually like the additional books in a series. Girl in Pieces I gave 4 stars. Beware if you read this book. It talks about suicide, drugs, drinking and cutting. It gives you insight in what these people are thinking. Ludlow is a book written in verse telling us about Ludlow and leading up to the events of the massacre at the mining camp. I gave this book only 3 stars. I love history but didn't like how it was written. The Girl who drank the moon I gave 3 stars. This book I read to David. It is also a Newberry Award book. Total pages for this week was 1236
The second week I read only four books. I only have three in the picture I will include the fourth at the end. The Crossover is another book that I read to David. I gave it 4 stars. This was written in verse also. It talks about basketball and twins who love to play and are on the school team. They are the top players. Their dad also played professional before an injury to his knee and he refused to have surgery. This book was good told in verse. The Images of Pueblo is a history book of photos about Pueblo. I gave this 5 stars. I loved this book and all the photos. I will be listening to the authors talk about this book on Saturday at our DAR meeting. I wanted to make sure that I read it before the program. The small book by The Crossover is called El Pueblo History Museum. I gave this book 5 stars also. This books talks about Pueblo and the Pueblo and what happened and how it I now. This also has photos. Nothing makes a history book more exciting than pictures. I just love looking at the photos about the past.
Career of Evil (A Cormoran Strike Novel)This is the last book for the 2nd week that I read. I actually listened to it on audiobook. I gave it 3 stars. I didn't really enjoy this series. I did have to finish it though because that is how I roll. It is the second book about a PI in England. I can't remember if I told you about the first book or not. He is starting his own business because he is disable by having only one leg from a wound he received in war I think. He has apart time secretary who helps him solve cases whom he secretly likes. He doesn't get too many cases so is always short on money. He is given a new case and they work together to solve this case. It is kind of a mystery novel. I personally think there is way to much bad language used in this book.
Total pages for this week was 919.
I am working on several books at the moment but haven't finished any of them yet. Until next time keep reading.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading a book about Pueblo also called Voices of our Community. There's a chapter in it about Bro. Brewer.I'd like to see the books about Pueblo that you read.

    ReplyDelete