Monday, April 23, 2018

Barnes and Noble Haul

Yes I bought more books. I had to go to Barnes and Noble and get Mike's niece a gift card for her birthday. While I was there I picked up a few books. I know you can't see a couple very but I will tell you what I bought. There was a new Mary Higgins Clark book out so that was a must buy. She is such a great writer and I love her mysteries. Also I found another book on Laura Ingalls Wilder. Her children's book is what really got me into reading. I have read her books so many times that I stopped counting. I try to always pick up the books if they are by her or about her and her family. She was my favorite growing up even though she was no longer living.The next book is one I have heard about and has receive a high rating so of course I had to buy it. The Wicked Deep by: Shea Ernshaw is about three sisters who were killed two centuries ago for witch craft. They come back every summer into three troubled girls bodies to kill a young man. That is all I will tell you about this book. The book you really can't see is called Hello, Universe by: Erin Entrada Kelly. This is the 2018 Newbery award winner. I am collecting all these books. I almost have all of them except for a few which I can't find. Don't know anything about this book. This was a surprise find because I wasn't expecting to find it out yet. The next book is a book of complete stories by Dorothy Parker. Don't know anything about her or her writing. This will be new territory for me. The last book is a book of poetry called the sun and her flowers by: Rupi Kaur. I have been trying to read a little more poetry. It is not my favorite thing to read but trying to expand my reading. It is always hard for me to narrow down the books I want to buy because there are so many that I want to read. I have several bookcases in my new home with unread books on them. The read books are in storage. There are many boxes of those as well.
Hope this gives you some ideas of what I like to read and willing to try.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment