Tuesday, May 1, 2018

What I read the last weeks of April

Here are the books I read in the last weeks of April. Two of these books I read to David. Booked by Kwame Alexander and Buffalo Bill. These two books I gave 4 stars . We actually enjoyed these books. Booked is written in verse and he does a great job. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy I listened to on audiobook. I didn't like this book, so only gave it 2 stars. I remember my Dad reading this book while growing up. A friend at Midnight by Caroline Cooney I read in one day. I enjoyed this book and gave it 4 stars. My younger girls enjoy her books. I have read quite a few of them.

By Vanessa Diffenbaugh:The Language of Flowers: A Novel [Hardcover]
This book I read for the library book club. I enjoyed this one and gave it 4 stars. This book is about a girl who was raised in the foster care system her whole life. It did take me a while to get use to the way she wrote this book. One chapter was about her current life and then the next chapter was a flash back. There was no heading on the chapter to let you know this.
The total pages for the last weeks of April was 2452. I read 13 books in April which totaled 4607 pages. This was a better reading month for me than March.


No comments:

Post a Comment