Monday, May 14, 2018

May 6-12 reads

Here is what I read this past week. It was a pretty good reading week. There were a few short book which made it easy to read a lot.
Beneath the Sugar Sky  by: Seanan McGuire is the third book in a series that I picked a few months ago. I love this series and have posted a review on the first book. I recommend this series. I gave this book 4 stars. She will be coming out with additional books to this series. The Magic Misfits by: Neil Patrick Harris. I gave this book 4 stars. I read this to David. This is Neil's second book that I know of that he has written. I read his autobiography last summer and enjoyed it. He has started a new series for middle graders and it was a good book. I would recommend this for your children. It is about magic and he even teaches you a couple of tricks. The big blue book I only read one story out of it. I just wanted the one but had to buy this big thing to get it. The story is Mistborn: Secret History by Brandon Sanderson. I gave this book 3 stars. This story will be hard to talk about because it gives a lot away. It is about Kelsier and that is all I can tell you. There is one more book to this series that comes out in October. Dracula by: Bram Stoker is a classic that I have been wanting to read. I actually listened to this on audiobook. It was okay. Not really my thing. I gave this book 3 stars.
I only read The Red Pony by: John Steinbeck. I read the other earlier. I didn't like this book. He didn't left out some information and left you wondering on what happened. I was disappointed. I only gave this book 3 stars and this because I like him but not this short story. Stargirl by: Jerry Spinelli only received 3 stars from me. I am still trying to figure out what he was intending when he wrote this book. This book didn't make since to me. It was based in a high school and how children treat each one another. Which isn't always nice, but a fact of life. Madison Avenue Shoot ( Murder She Wrote) by : Jessica Fletcher and Donald Bain. I gave this book 4 stars. I just loved watching Murder She Wrote when I was growing up and as a young mother. As you know I love me a mystery story and this was one of those. This one was based in New York while visiting her nephew and his family. A big shot agent manager is found dead on a photo shoot. It goes from there on how they get clues and figure who did it.

 Starry Night: A Christmas NovelThis book was the best book I read this week. I gave it 5 stars. This author is a hit or miss with me. The book takes place in Alaska for the most part. It is about a journalist trying to interview a author of a best selling book. The author doesn't want to be found or interview. She finds him and ends up being stranded for a couple of days do to bad weather. She ends up getting to know him better and it goes from there. I would recommend this book it was great.
That is what I read last week. I hope this gives you some reading ideas.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment