Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Books Beside My Chair #1

 I have decided to change my posting name for my weekly reads. I would like to acknowledge Noveltea Corner for this. She does a weekly wrap-up called Books Beside My Bed which gave me this idea. You should check out her channel. This covers the days of December 30th thru January 5th.
I don't have them in order of when I read them. These are the books that I own and the others I had to save onto my computer through Amazon. My 2 December books brought me to 262 books for the year 2019. I have 5 books for January. Total pages read 1,735.
Nothing Daunted By: Dorothy Wickenden was finished on the 5th of January. I gave it 2.5 stars it is a non-fiction book. I read it for my library book club. I gave it this rating because the book jumped around and was a little dry. I love history but I want my book to flow and not be so choppy. This is my opinion but the information was good just not enjoyable to read.
Let It Snow By: John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle was finished on the 30th of December. I gave it 4 stars. I was surprised that I did this because I really don't enjoy short stories but these stories were good and enjoyable and they actually came together in the end. I have never read anything by Lauren Myracle and her story concluded the book and tied everything together and she did a great job. This book takes place around Christmas time in a little town called Graceville in South Carolina.
I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 By: Lauren Tarshis was finished on the 4th of January. I gave it 5 stars and brings me up to date on this series. I will be doing a review on this book in the next few days so keep an eye out for it. I gave it 5 stars. It is a middle grade historical fiction.

 I finished this book on New Year Eve. I decided to pick this book up because it won the Good Reads award for best picture book. The pictures were great. This book is all about the songs that were sung on his show written in verse. Also it told you who sung them. I gave it 4 stars. I can see why it won.
 This is another series I tried to finish in 2019 but didn't get done. I have one more book to read before I am done with series. It is a YA fantasy. I gave it 3 stars. It is okay but getting kind of old but I will finish the series since there is only one book left. I finished this book on the 1st of January. I almost had it finished on the 31st.
 Here is another book that I finished on the 1st of January instead of the 31st. I won't be doing a review on this book. I really enjoy this series by her because it easy for middle graders to learn history. She puts it into easy terms for them to learn and uses children her in stories. She uses true facts with made up characters. I gave it 5 stars.
This is a fun and quick read for me. I gave it 4 stars. I have been hearing about this book from some book tubers and wanted to give it try. It is set in the winter around Christmas time. I could only find this book on kindle.

I hope you enjoyed and as always until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment