Monday, January 13, 2020

Books Beside My Chair #2

 This covers from January 6th through January 12th. I read 4 books that totaled 1,254 pages. My total books read for 2020 is 9. I will go in the order I completed them. This is the first book that I completed. It is the final book in a series. I borrowed this book from Aryan. For the most part I enjoyed this series. He could have finished at book 6. I gave this book 4 stars.
 This is my favorite book for the week. I really enjoyed this book and gave it 5 stars. I buddy read this book with Tara and we both loved it and can't wait for the sequel. I will be doing a review on this book, so keep an eye out for it.
 This is the first book I read of theirs that is adult. I read their young adult book and really enjoyed it. This book was good but I still like the young adult better. I gave it 4 stars and will read more from them. This book is about two friends who met in college. They are complete opposites but get along great. Here is what the book says because it describes it so much better. Hazel knows she's a lot to handle- and frankly, most men aren't up to the challenge. If her army of pets and thrill for the absurd don't send them running, her lack of filter means she'll say exactly the wrong thing in a delicate moment. Their loss. She's a good soul in search of honest fun. Josh has known Hazel since college, where her zany playfulness proved completely incompatible with his mellow restraint. From the first night they met- when she gracelessly talk him she "would be honored to give you sex tonight"-to when she sent him an unintelligible email while in a post-surgical haze. Josh has always thought of Hazel more as a spectacle than a peer. But now, ten years later and after a cheating girlfriend has turned his life upside down, going out with Hazel is a breath of fresh air. Not that Josh and Hazel date. At least, not each other. Because setting each other up on progressively terrible double blind dates so they can hang out together means there's nothing between them...right?

This is a short book that I gave 4 stars to. I am surprised because lately I have only been giving classics around 3 stars. It has some of things that Ben Franklin wrote about back in the 1700's. This is how he made money besides printing. He used the name Richard Saunder.
The book was introduce by Dave Barry and edited by Steve Martin. It was a fun quick read and I enjoyed myself.

That is what I read for the week. I have several more started but didn't get them finished. It was somewhat of a busy week. Tell me what you read last week and if you would recommend that I should it. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment