Monday, January 20, 2020

Books Beside My Chair #3

 This was not a good reading week for me. I only read three books. Which brings my total to 12 books for 2020. Total of 707 pages. It was hard to chose a favorite book for the week. This book above was a four star read so I will have to say this was my favorite for the week. This book is set in in nineteenth-century china, when wives and daughters were foot-bound and lived in almost total seclusion, the women in one remote Hunan county developed their own secret code for communication: nu shu ("women's writing"). Some girls were paired with laotongs, "old sames," in emotional matches that lasted through-out their lives. They painted letters on fans, embroidered messages on handkerchiefs, and composed stories, thereby reaching out of their isolation to share their hopes, dreams, and accomplishments. I did enjoy this book and learned a lot about their culture.
 I gave this book three stars. It was ok and if you enjoy sexy time reading you will enjoy this book. I am realizing that these types of books aren't for me. I still have a few on my kindle and on my shelves so I will read them but will stop buying these types of books. On the other hand I do enjoy a good romance but I don't need the details of their time in bed. I would call this book both a forbidden romance and insta love.
I gave this book three stars. I was being generous because I really didn't enjoy this book of short stories. My problem was I didn't get the majority of them. They just didn't make sense to me. This book had 6 graphic stories, 1 playscript and 10 short stories. Just because I didn't enjoy it doesn't mean it is a bad book it just wasn't for me.

Even though I have a busy week this week I am hoping to get more reading done than last week. Until next time keep reading.

1 comment: