Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Serpent and Dove Review

Serpent and Dove By: Shelby Mahurin
Young Adult Fantasy

When I first heard about this book I wasn't sure this book would be for me. Boy was I wrong. I have been reading fantasy lately and enjoying them. I really enjoyed reading this book. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down especially near the end. This is the first book in a series
I was a little afraid at the beginning because it seemed a little slow but it picked up for me in the third chapter. Oh that is the one thing that bothered me is that the chapters aren't number but they do tell you who is talking. That really helped knowing who was speaking because there are a lot of characters and that would have been annoying.
This book is an enemy to lover fantasy story. Lou is a witch and Reid is Chasseur of a church who hunts witches. To Reid a good witch is a died witch. Reid doesn't know that Lou is a witch.
Reid thinks that Lou trick him into marrying her by causing an inappropriate scene in public and in order to save face with the people and the church he marries her. Lou marry's Reid because it is the safest place for her. Reid is stiff and Lou is fun.
You find out about Lou's pass and why she is need of a safe place. She is also afraid of being found out that she is witch. Lou has many friends that help her along the way and one not so friend who runs to save himself instead of staying. She needs to practice her magic to also protect herself but where can she do this without being found out.
Reid takes his vows to heart but his heart really belongs to someone else.
The two do try to get to know each other and make a go at this union.
They have a lot going against them.
What will happen to Lou when Reid finds out that she is witch?
Why is Reid the way he is?
Why does Lou need to hide?
Who are truly Lou's friends?
It is so hard to review because there is a lot happening and I don't want to spoil you for the book.
I had a blast reading this book and can't wait for the next one. You must read this book to found out the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment