Saturday, August 4, 2018

Barnes and Noble Book Haul

 In July I went to Barnes and Noble twice. They had a 4th of July sale and also I received coupons in the mail. I can't remember which trip I picked up these books so I just have them displayed as I bought them. All of these books I heard about and wanted to read them. Yes I know I have a lot to read but I like a variety to chose from. So let me tell you a little about each book.
Girl Made of Stars by: Ashley Herring Blake is about twins who are very close. The girl twin's friend accuse her brother (the boy twin) of rape. The girl twin doesn't know who to believe. This story takes you through that adventure and has a few surprises. I am not looking forward to read about rape but I am hoping this is a false tale. Long Way Down by: Jason Reynolds is a book told in verse. Not sure what this story is about. The book cover isn't telling you much. I just loved the cover. The Poppy War by: R.F. Kuang is another book I heard a lot about. It is about a girl who has aced the Empire wide test to  find the most talented youth to study at the academics. Everyone is surprised that a war orphan could pass these test without cheating.  This is her story. Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by: Gail Honeyman is yet another book which has been getting a lot of notice. I want to read this to see what the hype is about. It was also a Reese  Witherspoon Book club pick. She struggles with appropriate social skills and tends to say exactly what she's thinking. My kind of lady. That is all I needed to know.
Now onto the next group of books. Calypso by: David Sedaris is a book that I got for really cheap. That is main reason why I bought it. It is a darker book so I may not like it. I don't tend to read these but I do enjoy listening to Stephen King when it isn't dark outside. Don't like scary at night. I do need to be able to sleep.Listen To Your Heart by: Kasie West is a Young adult contemporary. I have read a couple of her books and they are quick and sweet. Just something to lighten the day and a change up from my normal reads. Vicious by: V.E.Schwab is a fantasy book. I hardly read this type of book but I have read some. I heard she is a great writer so I am hoping that I will enjoy this book. The second book comes out soon and I want to see if I will like her. I have several other her books that I need to read so I am hoping she is good. Here is what the back of the book says. Victor and Eli started out as college roommates-brilliant, arrogant, lonely boys who recognized the same sharpness and ambition in each other. In their senior year, a shared research interest in adrenaline, near-death experiences, and seemingly supernatural events reveals an intriguing possibility: that under the right conditions, someone could develop extra-ordinary abilities. But when their thesis moves from the academic to the experimental, things go horribly wrong. Doesn't that sound exciting. Girl In The Blue Coat by: Monica Hesse. This book is set during the second world war. It is a historical fiction book. At the bottom of the back cover it says beautifully written, intricately plotted, and meticulously researched. This is an unforgettable story of bravery, grief and love in impossible times. That is enough for me to want to read this book. The last two books are a series and I bought them because I loved the this author when he co wrote the Illuminae series. He is a fantasy writer so I am hoping I will like these two books. There is a third book that will be coming out in September. It is basically a book about revenge. A woman is seeking vengeance against the powers that destroyed her family. In this world where she is living the sun almost never sets. Maybe I will like it. It sounds a little like The Mistborn Series. Won't know until I read it.
Well that is all that I bought brand new for the month of July. Hope this gives you some reading ideas.Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment