Wednesday, August 1, 2018

O.W.Ls Challenge

This is a new challenge that is out on YouTube that I decided to give a go. This challenge was actually done in April but I didn't find until late June and decided to try it in July. There are twelve exams in this challenge. You are to read a book in each area and you can't double up. I was able to finish eight of the exams. Here are the exams and the challenge .
Ancient Runes: A book with a symbol on the cover and I read the book The Wicked Deep. You will notice I also read this book for the biannual readathon.
Arithmacy: Read a book with a number on the cover or in the title. I didn't get this done
Astronomy: Read a science fiction book. Again I didn't get this done.
Care of Magical Creatures: Read a book that includes magical creatures or features a magical creature on the cover. I read The Mystic Horse. (Not shown borrowed from the library)
Charms: Read a Fantasy Book. Didn't do
Defense of the Dark Arts: Book about/featuring secret societies/clubs. Didn't do
Divination: Read a book featuring prophecies. I read Furyborn
Herbology: Read a book with a natured related work in the title. I read The Sun and Her Flowers. I also read this book for the Read-EH-Thon.
History of Magic: Read a Historical Fiction. I read I Survived the Children's Blizzard of 1888
Muggle Studies: Read a non fiction book. I read Trail Dust
Potions: Read a book about/with alchemy. I read A Clash of Kings (not shown again a library book)
Transfiguration: Read a book that deals with transfiguration/shapeshifting or similar theme or a book with a cat on the cover. I read the Silence in the Library.
I had fun doing this and it got me to read some books I probably wouldn't have read.
This is also in preparation for the NEWTS in August. This is the last exams that happen in the Harry Potter Series. You can do this challenge any time you want but you must do these before you can do the NEWTS. If you want to know about this you can go to You Tube and look up Book Roast and she goes into great detail. These are her challenges and she even has the paper work all ready for you copy to follow.
I hope you give this a try.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment