Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Booktubeathon reads

I took part in another readathon. This readathon was called booktubeathon. It ran from July 30th -August 5th.
This happens every year in the summer. I tried doing this last year but I was just starting out with readathons and didn't well.
There are seven reading challenges along with video challenges and Instagram challenges. I didn't do any of the video challenges and only ended up doing two of the Instagram challenges.
I will tell you the reading challenges along with the book I matched with the challenge. I will also tell you if I finished the challenge.
1. Let a coin toss decide your first read. This challenge was between Common Sense and The Pilgrim's Progress. The Pilgrim's Progress won this challenge. I did get this book read and gave it 3 stars.
2.Read a book about something you want to do. The book I chose for this was Hooked on Murder By; Betty Hechtman. I want to work in a book store and crochet. I really enjoyed this book and gave it 4 stars. This book has one recipe and a crochet pattern in the back. I plan on doing a review for this book in the future.
3.Read and watch a book to movie adaptation. For this I chose Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  I gave the book 3 stars and the movie 4.5. I love the movie and Dick Van Dyke. As normal the book and movie don't have a whole lot in common but both were fun.
4.Read a book with a green cover. For this I read Little Lord Fauntleroy. I gave it 3 stars.
5.Read a book while wearing the same hat the whole time. This is a stupid challenge. I am not a hat person. For this I read Persuasion by: Jane Austin.I gave it 3 stars. I am not a fan of her writing but wanted to finish up her books on my shelves.
6. Read a book with a beautiful spine. Okay this may be weird for you but I chose A skeleton in the family. This is a cozy mystery and a quick read for me. It is kind of cute don't you think. I gave this book 4 stars. There will be a review coming soon.
7. Read 7 books. For this I read Common Sense by: Thomas Paine. I gave this 3 stars.
As you can see I did get seven books read. I tried to pick small or quick read to be able to accomplish this. I had fun doing this. I do want to do this again next year and hopefully do more of the Instagram challenges. I hope you will try this readathon next year along with me.
Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment