Monday, August 20, 2018

Read Your Face Off 24 Hour Read A Thon

 On August 18th I decided to take part in a 24 hour readathon. This readathon started at 9 am on the 18th and went until 8:59 am on the 19th. What makes this readathon different was that there was a bingo board for you to fill out and the challenges were tre for you to pick and choose.
Here are the books that I read a part of or completely. The good thing also about this readathon was that you only had to finish one book. The rest of the challenges let read you read part of a book to work the challenges. I will tell you the challenges that I completed with each book. Aru Shah and the End Of Time By: Roshani Chokshi completed the following book with purple on cover, Book with "R" in Authors name, book with "R" in the title. I read 14 pages in this book. The Jefferson Key By: Steve Berry completed Running Character, "R" in title and author, number 19 drinking a hot drink while reading and it is a thriller. I read 341 pages in this book. The Deal of A Lifetime By: Fredrik Backman completed R in the authors name, art in book, I read it outside, finish a book, find the 2 and 19, beach and dogs. This book has 65 pages.
Chato's KitchenMckissack Patricia : Flossie & the Fox Tr (Hardback) - CommonMartin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.                              Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins: 25th Anniversary Edition                                                  
Flossie and The Fox By: Patricia McKissack completed yellow on the cover, "R" in authors name, finish a book, taken place in summer in the month of August and has a dog. This book has 32 pages.
Chato's Kitchen By: Gary Soto complete yellow on the cover, "R" in the author's name and finish a book. This book has 32 pages. Martin's Big Words By: Doreen Rappaport completed "R" in the title and author's name and finish a book. This book has 32 pages. Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins By: Eric Kimmel completed "R" in title and authors name, finish a book and yellow on cover. This book has 3o pages. Why did I read these 4 children's book, well I have a book that list 100 children's book you should read and I haven't read these. This was a perfect time to read them.
I know this isn't a very good photo of my completed bingo board. I was only able to complete one bingo. As you can see I came close on several more. I think this was a pretty good job considering that we had Missionaries over for dinner on Saturday night and Church Sunday morning. I am always trying to find ways to read more and different genres. I read a total of 546 pages. Completed 5 books.
                              
There is a good reads group for this readathon. It is called Read Your Face Off. They do a 24 hour readathon every month. I don't always join in but try when it works into my schedule. That is how I spent my week-end. Until next time keep reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment