Saturday, August 11, 2018

The Arc Thrift Shop Book Haul

Here is another book haul for you to enjoy.
I bought these a while ago and forgot to post about them. I have read two of the books. The Book Thief, I read this book a while ago but enjoyed it so much that I wanted to add it to my book shelves.
Plum Lucky I read earlier this year. I have been trying to get through this series but it has been slow going. Not because the series is bad but because there are so many books that I want to read. I also need to break up a huge series so that I don't get bored or tired of the series.
I have started collecting the Sue Grafton series but haven't started reading it yet. I would like to have as many of the books before I start. Nothing worse than to start a series and then you can't continue on because you don't have the rest or you have a long wait before the next book comes out.
I also found two Cornelia Funke books. I enjoyed reading Ink Heart and I also read the other two books in that series but didn't like them as much. I wanted to try her other books and so I picked them up. I will probably read them with David. The Iron Trial By: Holly Black and Cassandra Clare is another book that I will probably read with David is another book that I picked up. I have read a couple of books by both of these authors and want to see how they work together on writing. I am not sure what is about but the back mentions something about magic. David likes magical things so we will give it a try. There is another book to this series so we might wait to see if I can find the second one.
I know this next book has more in the series but it is the first time I saw it in the store so I picked it up. I have also seen the movie so I want to see what the book is like. The book I am talking about is Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. This is not something I normally pick up to read. The series is about a mysterious island that has an abandoned orphanage. The book has pictures and a strange story to go along with them.
If I stay is the last book in the photo that I need to talk about. Again I have seen the movie already. To be honest I didn't know there was a book so finding the book was a gem. I liked the movie so lets see if the book is even better. For the most part the book is better but sometimes not. The back of the book says, In an instant, Mia's whole world is shattered, leaving her with only questions. What will happen if she leaves? If she loves? If she stays? Heartbreaking, romantic, and ultimately filled with hope, this is a powerful story of love and loss, and finding the courage to make the right decision when your life is literally in your hands. It sounds so good.
Ok those are the books that I bought and I hope this helps you with some ideas for reading. Until next time keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment