Monday, February 7, 2022

November 2017 wrap-up

 

What I have read so far in November

These two books were read before I left to go to Connecticut. 
The total pages read were 649. Both were on audio book. I had a lot going on to get myself ready so I decided to listen to them. Tara has done a review on the series by Janet Evanovich on her book blog.
Lovely Bones was a great book but sad. I know there is a movie based on this book. I haven't seen the movie yet. It is about a girl who is killed and they only find a few a her bones but have uncovered all of her. It goes back and forth to give you information about the girl and how she dies. I am hoping I haven't gone to far in talking about the book. It is hard what to say and not to say in talking about books I have read.

These are the books I have read when I got back from Connecticut. I didn't read much on my trip.
Because you love to hate me is a book with 13 short stories. I liked some of the stories and some I didn't like. I finally got this finished since I have been reading this since September.
Commonwealth I did not like. Journey to Nowhere is a book I borrowed from Bekah and read to David. It is about a girl in the 1800's who moves from Connecticut to the woods of New York that has been settled yet. It talks about there trip and the adventures that happen. The Nest is a book for my library book club. It talks about a family and how they grew up and what happens to them. It was an okay book. Hassle-Free Homework was a book recommended by one of the therapists that David was seeing for his learning disability. It has been on my shelf for a long time. It has some good ideas that everyone should try. It would be easier to start this before your child gets into habits that are not so easy to change. I would recommend this book to read so you can understand how children learn and the different learning styles. So this totals five books read which is 1137 pages for the third week of November. Not to bad. Commonwealth and The Nest were audio books.

No comments:

Post a Comment